Turners Employee Reviews

Management issues
Head Mechanic /Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX18 October 2019
There was always issues with getting funds, management never offered promotional incentives nor did they follow health code when it came to TABC, Metro Health, and other inspections
HGV Driver - Wasn't great
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Bicker, Lincolnshire13 October 2019
Planning is poor but everything runs smoothly. You tend to be in and out on the road well enough. Our site had new fleet coming in which is nice.
Down side is that you get day rate and they will load up the hours. If you go over your averages, it's down to you to bring them down by taking unpaid days off. Do the maths right and you end up working 8 months out of 12 for a minimum wage job.
You're just a number and everything is done by the book. Not part of a team, you're just a cog that only gets looked at if something goes wrong.
Not paid well and worked hard
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire17 September 2019
If you want to be treated like a Muppet this is the place for you.When I started at Turner's I knew I would not get rich but they did not push you hard,then they started to change you could tell that consultants had been in first you got your instructions from a woman you can't tell a lady where to go when they start to pile the work on and pile it on they did people don't mind hard work if the company are willing to pay for it Turner's don't want to pay money rubbish one thing I will say about Turner's is that not all the managers are bad some really are quite pleasant to work for but most of the office staff like to get one over you but the trouble is they're not very good at hiding the fact.
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots
Its a stable job.
Production hand (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk10 September 2019
Work hard listening to your manager and do your jobs well be nice to your work mates don't be later for work and try not to miss a day. I have enjoyed working at Turners but after 8 years it's too monotonous.
Pros
Very stable job
Cons
Very boring
Doesn't matter how many years you are gonna work for the company you will be paid same as a new starters.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Soham20 July 2019
Lots of very low lQ people, it's really not helps as a person to grow up.
Pros
For free experience to gain.
Cons
Not unstable hours.
work you like a dog, no management backup, terrible wage for dodgy work.
Trailer Fitter (Former Employee) –  Quadring, Lincolnshire22 June 2019
Turners is a interesting place to work. if your looking for somewhere that will throw you under a bus for a pittance then apply. if you want a place where your main job is to take tea breaks then this is the job for you. if you don't really care about your work or life cause the chances of you getting arrested for work done is quite high then this is the place for you. if you are looking for management backup you will be surely disappointed as they prefer to blame you, take your money and talk about you behind your back. Then Turners really does have the best team around.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Terrible wage, lack of training, dodgy work.
I liked it
Local retail delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Penn Hills, PA27 November 2018
They're good people no serious complaints. They sometimes do things that don't make sense but I truly did enjoy working there, I really left because of the pention wasn't what I was looking for in a retirement plan
fun worplace
Fleet Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Soham27 October 2018
A really fun place to work, with lots of different areas to grow, meaning everyday was a new challenge within the business, one i would recommend working for
Line Leader, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk1 February 2018
Amazing job.Its is very easy work for young and old people. Good mannagers, not cold inside about +11. You work like in one place with another peoples. But low money.
Pros
Smoking area
Cons
9-12 hours
Great team
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wittering30 December 2017
Management wasn't great. Colleagues were lovely.
overall okay place to work but job security wasn't guaranteed. you mainly work on your own cleaning, you have to be respectable of the people you are cleaning for.
Poorly paid although on time
ADR Driver (Former Employee) –  Theale, Berkshire29 November 2017
Worked on BWOC contract out of Theale. Wasn’t run the best by bwoc operators or staff. Turners employees and management always backed me up. In that sense great first company to get experience
Pros
Monday to friday
Cons
Poorly paid
nice place to work
Transport Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Wissington13 November 2017
this firm was one of the best firms i had the pleasure to work for it was a shame they lost the contract and i transferd under TUPE to the new firm who took over
Pros
good firm to work for
Cons
long days
Great place
Food factory (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent3 November 2017
Was a good place to work enjoyed working in teams ect ... managment were nice and very understanding..i enjoyed being part of there team..thoroughly enjoyed being there :)
Pros
Good working enviroment
Good Warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Browns Bay25 July 2017
I had the pleasure of working with them in a good team and I regret that I can not work with them anymore because I did not have transport to work....
Powder tanks
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester22 April 2017
Ive just finished my fourth week bulk powder tanks tramping.. So far so good. Well maintained tackle. Pay is acceptable. Overall im enjoying the work
Pros
Realistic targets load unload times.. Left to get on with the job
Cons
Maybe a couple of quid an hour on the pay (show me a driver that does not think this)
Great place for a summer work
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk3 April 2017
It is a nice place if you are looking for a summer job and need a easy money, but if you working in that place too long it just make you crazy. Long hours.
great place to work if you like working alone
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wittering31 March 2017
I was responsible for cleaning offices and blocks at the army barracks. Full training was given beforehand and I was able to shadow for a couple of weeks until I felt confident. Transport was also provided.
Challenging and Demanding Workplace
Transport Planner (Current Employee) –  Soham30 January 2017
Shift patterns are demanding, the 4 on 4 off is used. Starting anywhere between 6am and 7:30am for day shift and nightshift starting at 7pm working 12 hour shifts.

Management has many tiers and sometimes collides.

Hardest part of the job is the continual changing of the goalposts, although colleagues are supportive and training is done on the job.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when the plan you put together gets utilised to it's full capacity.
Pros
Strong Support Network in the Company
Cons
Long Hours, Weekend Working
Trabajo entretenido
Carretillero y mozo de almacén (Former Employee) –  Reino Unido25 September 2016
Es un buen trabajo, porque:
-Las graficas de trabajo son muy buenas.
-Las condiciones de trabajo buenas.
-La direcciòn son muy responsables.
Pros
Obtencion de material de trabajo
Cons
Poco tiempo en los descansos
was very dif to any job ive had
line op (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells9 June 2016
had to wear hard hats and full overals and wellies but was a good job had a staff shop wich sold any of the products we made on sight most of the people were foren so not much conversation. hardest part was the long drive to and from as i lived in hastings at the time
Pros
staff shop
Cons
long unsocial hours