TVNZ logo
TVNZ
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

TVNZ Employee Reviews

4.5
Work–Life Balance

Positive and supportive culture. Offers many employee benefits and opportunities for feedback to management. Even the CEO has a direct line for input.

Pros

Positive Environment

Cons

Shift work

Interesting challenges

Major restructure with a new set of management has lead to a loss of a lot of staff from TVNZ. Still undergoing the restructure has meant a lot of unhappy permanent staff and a large reduction in head count. This will improve over time, but for now probably not the best place to go to.

Pros

In the middle of town and amazing offices

Cons

Reorganisation has left low morale on the permanent staff

TVNZ no other place like it

TVNZ - Nothing can describe the place more than its the place to be! Simply this comes down to the following reasons *Management (on all levels) - Understanding, caring, always teaching, rewarding, work hard play hard method. *The people - Everybody in the building was nice to deal with from the cafe right up to all the celebrities everyone was on an equal playing field. *Work environment - Always challenging! and keeping us on our toes so no day was ever the same. When one of us needed help we would all step in and do our part. I can honestly say it was the hardest decision i have ever had to make in my career to leave such a well cultured place.

Pros

Amazing People, unbelievable atmosphere, meeting celebrities, flexibility hours

Being proactive and loyal to TVNZ, a fun place to work for.

Replying to emails and phone messages. Answering all calls promptly and calling clients with the information they need about any area of TVNZ. Always being proactive in finding the correct information. Be it IT, programmes, advertising products, accounts, TV faults, complaints.. Knowing fully what TVNZ services are. Close working relationship with management and implementing any new procedures promptly. Being part of a team and making sure all the team have the same information to advise our clients, having fun together.. Analysing a complaint and getting the right answer for clients. . Working with a large happy variety of people and going out of my way to get resolutions which benefit the Company. Being able to handle emergencies when called for.

Pros

Staff discounts, pay increases, getting to know what everyone does in the Company.

Fun and inspiring.

Following camera crew around to touch up on make up. My co-workers were amazing, funny and real easy to get along with.

Very Interesting and diverse business and culture

TVNZ is in a state of transition from a State broadcaster to commercial business. The culture is changing and I really enjoyed undertaking the Post Implementation review of their new program receiving / ingest to reviewing, editing, storage and playout system and infrastructure which is state of the art.People do not understand the amount of effort is involved in broadcasting a program to air.I really enjoyed my one year maternity cover contract as a Senior Internal Auditor.

Pros

good canteen food and central city location

Jobs at TVNZ