UK Mail
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

UK Mail Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

No fun too busy

Staff needed better pay. And training often . I was was on minimum pay and was working wery hard,the job is not that easy, but we tried our best for better quality of job .

Heavy lifting work but colleagues so friendly

Although the work was really physically hard going (I am a quite small female) it was much better than more machine automated warehouse work like DPD because at that time in UK Mail you got to sort the mail too which gave periods where you used your brain as well as muscle. They also gave kind and helpful training from more experienced colleagues. The cages were my favourite part because it reminded me of Tetris! However, it is important to recognise the difference between going into a job like this in the short term and the people who have worked there for many years with all of the physical demands that go with it.

Pros

Some shift flexibility

Cons

repetitive lifting

Management are totally useless

Promised they would only give me 50 drops until I got used to the round, 95 drops and 11 collections the 1st day, totally impossible to do, complained to management they didn't listen still gave me loads of drops until they realised it was impossible gave me 50 drops and some collections did it no problem. Worst company I've ever worked for, better off at Amazon at least they are well organized UK mail totally unorganized.

Under appreciated, awful work conditions

Under appreciated by the management and certain staff. Health and safety is a joke, virtually none existent. Shocking working conditions and hours for pay given.

Sok meló, még több fizu

Jòooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooò

Good company

Had no faults when I worked here very chilled happy place plenty of work good management and good drivers good start times as I worked days night shift was good also

I Enjoyed My Job

I enjoyed my job as a Fleet Administrator. It did not take me long to learn and be taught the aspects of my role. I never thought I would enjoy working at an office desk, but I did. Sadly I was only with UKMail for 9 weeks. Due to the sudden illness put onto my mum so therefore was rushed into hospital for a number of months, of which my dad needed my help with supporting him.I was hoping to go back in a couple of weeks, but my mum's illness to a bad turn. So my poor dad needed my help longer than we first thought.

Pros

Excellent members of staff to work with.

Cons

Manager kept moving the goal posts

Friendly bunch to work for.

If job is done satisfactory and you are hard working they are a very friendly bunch to work for...............................................

Good work place

People ware very friendly,management was great,young lad,i enjoyed every single shift!only problem i had to go to the hospital because wife was in labour,i took a 2weeks off,when i got back,i've been told that they not needed me anymore,so i lost my job for that

Pros

Friendly staff, great management

Cons

Lost my job for no reason at all

Not good

Everything is horrible there, heavy job and all the time the manager shouting with the people. They treatment people like animals. Is very dirty place.

Sorting loading

I been working as agency nigth shift for drive hire but the paid rate whose small we left but i whose nice place and envie for work so we still look forward

good income source and not friendly workplace

always angry manager, doesn't care about parcels, workers low inteligence, the most enjoyable part at work is when manager stops yelling, and the second best part is when you can go home

Long Run.

Worked as night shift driver. Depo to depo run.Expect to drive an average of 300 to 330 KM / night. Schedule time very tight for a run where you have to follow diversions due to work road every night. You have to load and unload the truck at each destination.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Good company, relaxed but professional

Professional company but felt relaxed working their. Almost a fellow colleague to help you out. Always a feeling of family as we where all there to do our best.

Uk mail

Good place to work, work colleagues will help u if ur struggling, money aint bad, hours are good but prepare to work hard if u dont u will b found out

Stressful and unfair

I worked at the warehouse in Fareham and initially it was through an agency.The training was good, but that was by colleagues. You never had a say in where you worked in the warehouse and some people always got an easier job, this happened for months, whilst others always got the difficult ones. The management allowed certain staff to get away with taking weeks off without illness, and you were expected to except this. There never seemed to be enough disciplinary action taken when needed. The staff there knew this and used this to their advantage. Health and safety was not high on the agenda also.The pay per hour is very low and the whole company puts money before people.

A few good points outweighed by too many negatives.

Was made clear that you’re a number not a person and overtime was not always paid. Only good point I can take away is I met a manager that truly cared for those who worked hard. HR was very difficult to communicate with.

Good place, good people.

Really liked and enjoyed this job. It was different to me. Work was good and the other workers and management were easy to get on with. I was on an agency working theer QSR (quality service recruitment) LIARS! Yes, I've got a criminal record. I last got out of prison in 1996. They said I'd be ok, it should be wiped clean after that long. But no, I got sacked. I hate agencies.

Fast Paced and the days went quick

Fast Paced and the days went quick The mornings were always busy with the drivers coming in and loading other admin had to be done before they came back

Good

All good very impressed with everything that was taken on and that I had done , good work place so a big well-done never been in such a fantastic area

Not best employer or work conditions. Pays good if you work long hours 6 days a week

When working at uk mail Dartford the routes are poorly planned, the technology is slow and out of date compared with the same type of other companies. In past 2 years uk mail has been taken over by DHL reducing parcel rates by 125% over the Christmas period of 2018. These guys are snakes in every way. They will swallow up every minute of your time if you let them and if you don't do as your told, you are threatened with less work or less pay. All whilst being expected to be self employed with none of the perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Mail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UK Mail