UKG

UKG Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Productive, Employee Oriented Company

Pros - ability to work remotely and travel as needed to meet customer timeline for delivery. Wonderful management team and workplace culture (many company sponsored get together for team building). One of the most enjoyable places I have worked. Cons - cannot think of any.

Worked remote, great company to work at with management that values staff

Even though this was an internship, I really felt like a full on team member. I was given meaningful tasks to work on and my manager was absolutely amazing.

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits

Cons

Pay could have been better but after all I was an intern...

What is the best part of working at the company?nothing, not organizedWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?You have to log into to many locations to solve a problemWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I was remoteWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?stressful, and stressful

Chaotic Talent Development

- Management has allowed talent development teams to treat our learning experience designers as mindless robots that are primarily requested to “make things look pretty” rather than to provide learning design expertise and consultation throughout the development process as the role was actually intended. Nothing has been done to improve how our team is utilized and management continues to give us lip service. - Almost all of our training focuses on sharing knowledge and information rather than improving skills. Putting dry information in a “pretty” PDF or in a fancy webpage with pop-up screens will do little to help internalize what is being learned. Our talent development team should be relied upon to provide rich opportunities for learners to practice and apply critical skills, and we should not be focusing 90% of our energy on developing reading material in different ways.- We are paying for but are not adequately using platform subscriptions that would allow us to develop interactive and personalized online training with branching scenarios, quizzes, learner feedback, and reporting to track success. Instead, management is satisfied with primarily relying on dull PowerPoint decks, lengthy job aid documentation, and very expensive web design tools that are intended mainly for marketing but not training. - Regardless of the false impressions that management tries to maintain about being supportive, not everyone’s voices are heard and respected equally on the team. If no one else voices the same concern, you are simply told to be quiet and just deal with it. - 1-on-1 -

Great Culture

Great company culture and work environment. I would recommend this place to anyone honestly.Come in ready to work and the rest will fall in to place.Best part of the job is the constant communication and accountability by the team.

Toxic dumpster fire

Horrible place to work, no real direction other than the company that owns UKG wants it to go public at all costs. Hellman & Friedman Ruined the employee centric culture’s of Kronos and ultimate software to gain a quick buck, and destroyed employees lives in the process. Probably the WORST environment i have ever worked, I was duped by good marketing along with many others. “Our purpose is people” is an expensive, purchased and marketed phrase that means nothing to the actual employees.

Great place to work!

UKG really is a great place to work. The growth is exciting, managers are supportive, teammates work hard and the benefits are unbelievable. As long as you are a smart, hard worker, you'll fit in.

Executive Transparency A Concern

I miss the family atmosphere of being a smaller company. We are told , not asked about changes upcoming and then advised as a leader to be an advocate for the change, whether we agree with the changes or not. My immediate leader is amazing, yet we are all caught in the plans of the Executive Team, that are not well communicated. The Organization is shifting away from Covid protocols as they are pushing that Covid is in essence gone and life moves on. Yet the population who are themselves or have a loved one that is immune compromised, are being left behind. When trying to do the right thing for those who have justifiable concerns, we are questioned and criticized; it is sad to experience. If our purpose is people and we have a strong Diversity and Inclusion Program, then we would not be criticized and questioned when asking for virtual options.The CEO and CPO are new in their roles and want to make an impact, which is understandable. They are losing sight of what made UKG great, even before the merger. Pay is challenge in this current economic climate. We are understaffed and experience issues of attrition. Executives want to address this disparity soon and we all look forward to salary updates.

Pros

Fully paid benefits for employee and their family, 401K matching and more

Cons

Lack of Transparency, salary, growth opportunities and exclusion of employees with Covid concerns

Good life/work balance

Very flexible job. They give you paid time pto even as a part time as long as you let them know ahead of time. You get all the benefits once you become a full time employee. Benefits are very good.

Could go either way

Hard to tell where the company is going. Seems unstable, hit or miss, like it could go either way at any time. Time will tell what happens with upper management.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UKG?

Lack of transparency during layoff

Strange how they force fed culture values to just turn around and layoff 100 individuals which in the grand scheme of things could have been reassigned or put on a performance plan

Working on the company culture

Currently a good place to work. But, they are basically new company still trying to create a new company culture, by transforming and old one. A return to the office will cause more unknow changes to management and employee work/life balance.

Lots Of Opportunity

Lots of work to be done, plenty of opportunity to learn new products. Employees are treated fairly, Work Life Balance is important to maintain and the People First motto is accurate.

Good people, great benefits

People strive to do the right thing. The merger has provided opportunities for growth and may take several years to meld the teams together. Well organized in a virtual environment.

Going in the right direction

There has been a lot of change over the last few years, but its expected and necessary when going from 6K employee companies to close to 15K employees. I think overall UKG hires great people who I love working with. Great benefits and flexibility.

Pros

The people, 45% matching 401K w/ no cap, 100% paid HC premiums for entire family

Cons

Bonuses and equity are way below industry average., Salaries for tenured employees are quickly falling below market and not adjusted for inflation

Merger killed the culture

Ultimate was like a dream job come true. Since the merger, the only good thing to say is the benefits and compensation are great. The culture has changed so much in a negatie way that the People First motto is just a tagline.

Prepare for top-down guidance

Management direction comes from Boston- nobody listens to anyone at their satellite locations. Work is satisfying enough and local management is very supportive.

layoffs

thousand postings yet they laid off people who been with them for 20+ years without notice. ultimate software was a great company before it was bought off, now everyone either has left or been laid off, its a shame. management is clueless on what they are doing.

Management Makes The Difference

UKG has a company is amazing but management makes all the difference. When I came to UKG I was excited about the opportunity and the company overall. But after being here under poor management it feels exhausting. The "unlimited PTO" is non-existent when you process multiple payrolls a week. There is no work life balance and you spend most of your time stressing over your work with no assistance. When you speak up nothing is done. I have watched people come and go like a revolving door. I will say if you have a good leader/Manager you will do well here. There are some amazing people who work for UKG, unfortunately I got stuck with the worst.

Pros

100% Covered Benefits

Cons

No Work-life balance

The best work environment in my 18 year career.

People enjoy each other, teams are collaborative & the teaching/learning is genuine. There is a great mix of tenured employees & new blood with fresh ideas. UKG has flexibility, transparency, growth, innovation & laughter.

Pros

Best benefits in my 18 year career; everyone has a voice

Cons

Nothing notable

Still a great company, with a few growing pains

Most of the company culture is great. Unfortunately, I ended up under a rookie manager with terrible communication skills. A lot of folks there are nervous because of the merger and it permeates company communications. When you’re so worried about covering your own backside, you grow suspicious and uncollaborative with your coworkers. My manager was a knowledge and information hoarder and ignored requests for additional clarification or training. Great pay and benefits though!

Pros

Student loan repayment help

Cons

Ultimate Legacy employees are bitter about adding Kronos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UKG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• UKG