Unitec Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Unitec Institute of Technology Employee Review

Well fitted and chilled workplace

19 November 2014
Though it was only for the last semester of my Bachelor's degree, being a Student contributor for the online Unitec magazine was an amazing experience. Gave me some understanding of basic journalism work-life.

Was also able to learn on how to edit other people's work and see what it is that goes into wiriting and publishing online. Co-workers were also a joy to be around, they were all just casual people, and more than happy to help if there was something I didn't quite understand.
Pros
On campus, not far from where my classes were taken
Cons
Was volunteer work, so not a lot or no pay.
25 August 2020
Support Staff Member (Former Employee) - Auckland, New Zealand
No clear expectations. No training provided. Everything is just said to be great when in reality nothing really is. Management just cares about appearances than actually getting things done. A lot of the tasks seem to be meaningless in contributing to high quality of education.
19 May 2020
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
One thing that got stuck with me was the culture, the people and the impact that The Unitec makes in peoples live. I personally thrive in this area, continue to strive to empower, motivate, challenge people to be and perform at their best and make contribution to the community.
3 March 2020
IT Assistant (Full-time/Contract) (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
The managers of each department only expected the amount of work and effort that was needed to complete each job. All the employees was expected to keep themselves busy with work that has been prioritised, rather than other tasks. Everyone tried to have fun to keep the working atmosphere as good as possible.