Unitec Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Unitec Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland16 reviews
One thing that got stuck with me was the culture, the people and the impact that The Unitec makes in peoples live. I personally thrive in this area, continue to strive to empower, motivate, challenge people to be and perform at their best and make contribution to the community.
No clear expectations. No training provided. Everything is just said to be great when in reality nothing really is. Management just cares about appearances than actually getting things done. A lot of the tasks seem to be meaningless in contributing to high quality of education.
The managers of each department only expected the amount of work and effort that was needed to complete each job. All the employees was expected to keep themselves busy with work that has been prioritised, rather than other tasks. Everyone tried to have fun to keep the working atmosphere as good as possible.
Great location, management and colleagues , always very supportive.

Cultural diversity and respectful in every way with lots flexibility.

Empathetic and very caring management unlike some bad experiences in the past. They understand their employees needs when required. Always willing to help and very supportive environment.
to practice and gain more knowledge during teaching and prepare before class. the hardest part is to deal with students a bit behind to catch up if not they will feel upset about the course
The Unitec Sports Centre is a great place to start your fitness career in. We have knowledgeable staff who each have a different type of training backgrounds and specialties. Ranging from staff who work with special group populations, those with disabilities, rehabilitation, functional strength, olympic lifting and, bodybuilding overall fitness.

A typical day at work would require me to run through fitness programs with new members and instruct gym classes. I've gained alot of experience because of the diversity of our gym members. Those who want to focus on specific types of training or those who are going through a rehab process.

The management is run very well and they value the members and staff ideas. We've upgraded to getting new and various equipment which were influenced by the members feedback and input.

The most enjoyable part of working at the Sports Centre are the friendly members and the culture we have created. When you're on the gym floor there is a lot of interaction between the members and it just creates a warm environment were everyone feels welcome
Pros
community and student based gym with a warm and friendly environment
Typical day starts early at 5.45am and ends 1pm. Reception jobs include stocktake, report checking, administrative duties, sales of memberships, promotions and marketing of items and products, designing posters and signs.

Most enjoyable is seeing the members feel better when they leave than when they came in.
Start my day with the tasks allotted to me.

Learned to work on an ERP software in a big team.

Systematic and Organized

Share a very good relationship and often goes won various Team building sessions and other programs.

Handling IT related queries.

All the jobs like administrative part, interaction with students and staff member are enjoyable
Pros
Organised work enviroment
An extremely fun, welcoming enviroment, staff memebrs are approachable, and outgoing, ensuring that you're in your best mindset whenever you are working for them.
This was one event only. Great experience. Good chance to help organize such an event
Though it was only for the last semester of my Bachelor's degree, being a Student contributor for the online Unitec magazine was an amazing experience. Gave me some understanding of basic journalism work-life.

Was also able to learn on how to edit other people's work and see what it is that goes into wiriting and publishing online. Co-workers were also a joy to be around, they were all just casual people, and more than happy to help if there was something I didn't quite understand.
Pros
On campus, not far from where my classes were taken
Cons
Was volunteer work, so not a lot or no pay.
Being a student ambassador for Unitec has been a great experience, it has given me full confidence to speak and to present myself in front of large amount of people.

It's fun and enjoyable as well, you need to be passionate and enthusiastic about your work. The most enjoyable part of being a Student Ambassador is you get to meet people from different cultures, ethnicities and bonding with them.

I wouldn't say there's anything bad about being an ambassador, it has benefitted me in so many ways and I enjoy being a student ambassador.
Pros
free lunch, transport provided if needed, flexible, casual
A typical day includes, Planning and Delivering course content, I have learned, and will continue to learn whilst I am still employed at Unitec, about working in the Educational sector. The management is very good along with my co-workers.The Hardest part of the job is the varying skill levels that the students have, and the most enjoyable part is being able to pass on knowledge and see positive results.
Pros
Great for support and furthering personal education and professional development.
Cons
Keep renewing Annual contracts
A high pressure environment that pushes employees to focus more, function better and multitask more effectively.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
Poorly paid
This department has an up and coming program that is fresh and interesting.
Pros
Very well organised and managed
Cons
Not more than a one-off opportunity
There are a great team of people working in the Foundation Studies department who are all trying their best to give students a second chance at education.
Pros
A very friendly team of staff
Cons
Poorly paid