Unitec Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Unitec Institute of Technology Employee Reviews for Instructor

Instructor1 review
New Zealand1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
The Unitec Sports Centre is a great place to start your fitness career in. We have knowledgeable staff who each have a different type of training backgrounds and specialties. Ranging from staff who work with special group populations, those with disabilities, rehabilitation, functional strength, olympic lifting and, bodybuilding overall fitness.

A typical day at work would require me to run through fitness programs with new members and instruct gym classes. I've gained alot of experience because of the diversity of our gym members. Those who want to focus on specific types of training or those who are going through a rehab process.

The management is run very well and they value the members and staff ideas. We've upgraded to getting new and various equipment which were influenced by the members feedback and input.

The most enjoyable part of working at the Sports Centre are the friendly members and the culture we have created. When you're on the gym floor there is a lot of interaction between the members and it just creates a warm environment were everyone feels welcome
Pros
community and student based gym with a warm and friendly environment