Unitec Institute of Technology

Unitec Institute of Technology Employee Review

View all Unitec Institute of Technology reviews

The Unitec Sports Centre is a great place to work at with a great family oriented vibe and a fun friendly place to work at
Gym Instructor, Class instructor (Current Employee) –  Auckland7 February 2018
The Unitec Sports Centre is a great place to start your fitness career in. We have knowledgeable staff who each have a different type of training backgrounds and specialties. Ranging from staff who work with special group populations, those with disabilities, rehabilitation, functional strength, olympic lifting and, bodybuilding overall fitness.

A typical day at work would require me to run through fitness programs with new members and instruct gym classes. I've gained alot of experience because of the diversity of our gym members. Those who want to focus on specific types of training or those who are going through a rehab process.

The management is run very well and they value the members and staff ideas. We've upgraded to getting new and various equipment which were influenced by the members feedback and input.

The most enjoyable part of working at the Sports Centre are the friendly members and the culture we have created. When you're on the gym floor there is a lot of interaction between the members and it just creates a warm environment were everyone feels welcome
Pros
community and student based gym with a warm and friendly environment

Other Unitec Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Lecturer in Computing (Former Employee) –  Auckalnd, New Zealand22 January 2020
A good place to work. It gives you opportunities to work along with various staff so you can improve yourself. staff parking is very limited and sometimes you might need to part in student/visitor parking.
good work place
Civil & Structural Drawing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland4 October 2019
to practice and gain more knowledge during teaching and prepare before class. the hardest part is to deal with students a bit behind to catch up if not they will feel upset about the course

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unitec Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3