Unitec Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Unitec Institute of Technology Employee Review

The Unitec Sports Centre is a great place to work at with a great family oriented vibe and a fun friendly place to work at

7 February 2018
The Unitec Sports Centre is a great place to start your fitness career in. We have knowledgeable staff who each have a different type of training backgrounds and specialties. Ranging from staff who work with special group populations, those with disabilities, rehabilitation, functional strength, olympic lifting and, bodybuilding overall fitness.

A typical day at work would require me to run through fitness programs with new members and instruct gym classes. I've gained alot of experience because of the diversity of our gym members. Those who want to focus on specific types of training or those who are going through a rehab process.

The management is run very well and they value the members and staff ideas. We've upgraded to getting new and various equipment which were influenced by the members feedback and input.

The most enjoyable part of working at the Sports Centre are the friendly members and the culture we have created. When you're on the gym floor there is a lot of interaction between the members and it just creates a warm environment were everyone feels welcome
Pros
community and student based gym with a warm and friendly environment
25 August 2020
Support Staff Member (Former Employee) - Auckland, New Zealand
No clear expectations. No training provided. Everything is just said to be great when in reality nothing really is. Management just cares about appearances than actually getting things done. A lot of the tasks seem to be meaningless in contributing to high quality of education.
19 May 2020
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
One thing that got stuck with me was the culture, the people and the impact that The Unitec makes in peoples live. I personally thrive in this area, continue to strive to empower, motivate, challenge people to be and perform at their best and make contribution to the community.
3 March 2020
IT Assistant (Full-time/Contract) (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
The managers of each department only expected the amount of work and effort that was needed to complete each job. All the employees was expected to keep themselves busy with work that has been prioritised, rather than other tasks. Everyone tried to have fun to keep the working atmosphere as good as possible.