University of Auckland Employee Reviews

Great benefit for employees with young family
Programme Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 June 2019
The University has good benefits for employees especially those with young family. However, other institutions offer better salaries and career progression. As for the workplace culture, it depends on the team and the management within that team. Some are not flexible and very directive. I was lucky to be in a team with very supportive management who advocates on our behalf.
Student support
international student support (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland12 May 2019
I received student and provided guidance to new students, as a part of the international student team. it was fun work and it improved my social skills.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
only short period of time
Part time teaching was good
Part-time teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 May 2019
Part-time teaching while doing a PhD. Applied and took on various teaching jobs and courses depending on semester and year. Teaching was fun. However, depending on the courses like design courses, it takes up a lot of time.
Good opportunities to learn about interesting project.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland14 March 2019
Good opportunities to learn about an interesting project. However, contract processing is taking forever. The professor is helping to make everything works.
Good work/life balance
Graduate Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 February 2019
Culture at the University is good. A lot of great people who want you to succeed. Some old legacy systems do hold back current projects and everyone seems to complain about them but not much is done to optimise or replace them.
Learn on the Job
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 February 2019
Learnt a lot in the process and was able to balance this job with the rest of my uni studies. The job was fairly straight forward and it was great being able to help students with modules you have done in the past. The teaching staff are absolutely amazing and help boost your confidence.
Challenging but also exciting workplace
Procurement Category Manager,Strategic Procurement (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland29 January 2019
Amazing people to work with, and management are very supportive. Workplace is vibrant and beautiful, and exciting with ongoing changes to the business.
Pros
Education IT sector, top NZ University, CBD location, work with amazing people from all walks of life
Cons
Constant and ongoing reviews to change well established processes and business practices
Nice working place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 January 2019
I did a research internship at Auckland University. I learned a lot, though my project could have been more challenging. I enjoyed my time working there.
Amazing Experience
STUDENT FUNDRAISING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 January 2019
All good things! AMAZING WORKPLACE CULTURE!
• Update contact and demographic information
• Connect and engage with alumni about their experience at university and their own career progression
• Ask alumni to support their alma mater by making a donation to student support and scholarship funds
• Polling & information gathering, data entry

All of this helped me gain a meaningful experience within an office environment.
Neurological Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland8 January 2019
Great place to work, flexible working hours and friendly atmosphere. The university supports both research and academic staff to advance in their respective fields.
Nice
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 October 2018
Worked as TA and I love the job. The schedule was flexible for me so I could do other works simultaneously. Overall, I found teaching and marking rewarding although sometime it could be tedious due to the nature of assignment marking.
Good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland4 October 2018
Worked as a maths tutor for Stage One students. It was hard sometimes explaining concepts and ideas to students but that's how you learn. Excellent facilities provided at the University of Auckland.
Indigenous Research Intern
Environmental Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 September 2018
relaxed learning environment along with concerned and friendly staff and faculty who is always willing to help students with school and life situations.
Pros
friendly faculty and staff school environment
Cons
n/a
Great place, innovation hub of NZ
Professional Researcher (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland5 September 2018
Working with some of the most intelligent people in New Zealand. Great experience. Flexible working hours and excellent opportunities to learn and develop.
Great student job
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland4 September 2018
This is a secure job for students and is flexible around my timetable. It has a variety of jobs and has helped me connect with many different people across uni.
cutting teachers and courses
Teacher, researcher (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 June 2018
The cuts to the humanities has severely affected both the quality of learning and the moral of staff. With few Stage 1 History courses students are limited to exposure to History and therefore will not be inspired to take History at a higher level.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
no job securty
Very advanced leadership framework
TECHNICAL MANAGER, Mechatronics Eng (Current Employee) –  Auckland23 April 2018
World class research.
Very divers ethnicity.
High quality training and workshops for managers and leaders about coaching, mentoring, leadership in action, leadership for results.
Codieren
wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 April 2018
Flexible Arbeitszeiten
Sehr angenehmes Arbeitsklima
Gesprächige und sehr freundliche und aufgeschlossene Kollegen.
Gutes internes Betriebsklima
Verbesserung der Sprachkenntnisse
Pros
Flache Unternehmenshierarchie
Cons
Mittagessen musste außerhalb der Universität besorgt werden.
Good for early career academics
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Auckland2 April 2018
Good for early career academics, difficult to have mobility within the structure. Decent work-life balance. Nice environment. Good city. Small university.
The Warehouse was too cold
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 March 2018
It always a busy day from Monday to Friday. I learned how to enter the airway bills and search the information of the receiver on the computer. The hardest part was I have to learn new things every day
Pros
Discount for the staff
Cons
We have to wait for the courier van or trucks from Hamilton to be arrived

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4