University of Auckland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
University of Auckland Employee Review

Good opportunities to learn about interesting project.

14 March 2019
Good opportunities to learn about an interesting project. However, contract processing is taking forever. The professor is helping to make everything works.
16 March 2018
Same roleSame location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
This was another employment opportunity that lasted 3 months, over the summer period between high-school and university. I was lucky enough to heavily involved in the lab component of a medical students summer research project, which was published in a Medical Journal. This was my first publication, but I hope it is not my last.

This employment gave me the opportunity to explore the basic surgical research method, and helped me meet some incredible individuals. As I was new to research at the time, it was an extremely challenging 3 month period, but it was a challenge that I look back on gratefully.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it required me to be self-motivated and flexible with my time. I worked on my own schedule but had a 3 month deadline to get the research complete by. This meant I had to improve my organisational and self-management skills in a practical way.
Pros
Challenging, Flexible hours, Self-managed
Cons
Commute, Length of Employment
13 February 2018
Same roleSame location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I was a research assistant there for a few months in the psychology department. It was a nice environment with good staff. it was a little difficult getting paid, but it worked out in the end.
8 June 2020
Same location
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Had a wonderful team while working with the university of Auckland, very organized structure of payroll and administration, my team leader was very good in collaborating.