University of Auckland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Auckland Employee Reviews

Overall a good place to work. Clear instruction has been given. Also the teachers are nice and colleague are helpful. Easy to know what I should do from the beginning.
Had a wonderful team while working with the university of Auckland, very organized structure of payroll and administration, my team leader was very good in collaborating.
Since its a university and it gets pretty busy during the day everyone is doing their own job, since I was new there and I was on job training , I would call up my boss and he helped me in every situation and was very accommodating.
I enjoyed working with other team members. It helped me with networking with other departments. The University of Auckland provided me with various opportunities for professional growth related activities.
Pros
Easy to manage student life
Cons
limited hours
Every Monday morning was a celebration of accomplishments and every second Friday afternnon was an afternoon tea celebrations for being who we are. Our Director for the Alumni & Development was a competent and an amazing leader. The development team were a very educated and fun bunch. The team ran and achieved the biggest fundraising campaign in the history of NZ +$300M
It was a really horrible place to work. You wouldn't see your colleagues most days and when you did they were very demoralised. Managers were just careerists who had no genuine interest in their staff. The whole place had a constant air of crisis about it and the managers were constantly reminding staff that there was little job security. They never treated their staff as skilled professionals. You'd be mad to work here. The salary was good by Auckland standards but there was little chance for career progression.
I did enjoy my work at The University of Auckland and I was very lucky to have a kind, generous and open-minded boss - YN. Being an office admin, I've also learnt a lot of different tasks. It was a rewarding job.
Enjoyable and collaborative work environment. Presented at conferences and produced articles. Mentally challenging. Good work environment. Was unpaid position
Management is not open and collaborative. They make decisions without discussing it with staff. They do not really know what happens on the ground. $5M was found to buy a house for the new VC, but they don't have money to pay the staff a decent salary.
Anyone looking to work here, I would say temp through their temp pool and get a feel of how the University works. For those wanting to join on a permanent basis, Research Operations Centre is by far the worst department within the Uni so take great care of offered a role with them - they have a high staff turn over for a reason.
I loved working here, the staff, the environment, everything. i always had a lot of work on my desk to do but it made me happy to constantly be busy. I worked with a great team and that made the job even better.
Overall pleasant and would highly recommend. Has a nice pace. Relaxed yet very stimulating environment Teaches one to take ownership and grow Has a very strong blue work culture
I tutor with a partner, delivering the lab content that is more to the practical side of the course such as using a certain software (ARIS, SAP). I also mark students assignment, test and exam. It is pretty challenging to deal with different students however our supervisor is so supportive and helpful.
I am in research and the University of Auckland, which is a fine institution in New Zealand. The work place is very nice and comfortable. My boss is very kind, organized, and well intentioned. He is extremely intelligent and supportive of career advancement.
Its an excellent workplace with lot of work-life balance and minimal stress. Though at times it lacks advancement in career. Also, the review process does not really get translated in salary upgrade.
Studied Bachelors of Engineering at University of Auckland. Situated near the Auckland CBD i enjoyed the challenging degree and the friends made along this journey.
The university is ranked No. 1 in New Zealand and on top universities of the world. The facility is advanced, however, the process might take a long time to process. Ther are many great supervisors who are willing to support you on your research.
Running an international group for my faculty enables me to effectively communicate with a wide range of people from all over the world. The hardest part is to get enough international students to engage in the activities that we intend to do. However, it effectively enhances my inter-personal and communicative skills.
The University has good benefits for employees especially those with young family. However, other institutions offer better salaries and career progression. As for the workplace culture, it depends on the team and the management within that team. Some are not flexible and very directive. I was lucky to be in a team with very supportive management who advocates on our behalf.
The University of Auckland is a very good place to work. Its weather is very good and place is veery good for a family to live. The weather is moderate. The research environment is good.
I received student and provided guidance to new students, as a part of the international student team. it was fun work and it improved my social skills.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
only short period of time