University of Auckland

University of Auckland Employee Reviews in Auckland CBD, Auckland

Auckland CBD, Auckland5 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Good

Worked as a maths tutor for Stage One students. It was hard sometimes explaining concepts and ideas to students but that's how you learn. Excellent facilities provided at the University of Auckland.

Good work place and good school to learn in

Really good team members everything is really prepared and being University of Auckland being an university it is a good place to meet new people who you can work with and really fun to learn new skills and good place to work

Pros

good team members to work with

Cons

sometimes not trained enough for events

Productive and fun work place

Good work place. 5 weeks of annual leave. Great Appraisal methods in place. Very professional. Good management. Positive job culture. Progressive employers.

Pros

5 weeks of annual leave

Cons

Many meetings and long hours every 2 weeks and sometimes even more.

Fun Workplace

I had to give tours to people who are interested in University of Auckland's Halls of Residences. It was very nice meeting new people. I develop good interpersonal skills and fast-thinking as I have to keep on talking to people. My co-workers were fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that I had to walk to all the Halls of Residences and back to Uni to get more people at least 7 times in 3 hours.

Voluntary University Commitee

In 2015 I was the committee's publicity officer. This involved designing and creating posters for our events and for advertising, as well as distributing them through out the university. This would generally take a day or two, including adjustments and changes suggested by the rest of the committee. This year I am one of five in the industry group. This involves us communicating with businesses and looking for potential sponsors. The most enjoyable part of being apart of the executive committee is working with a great group of people, and meeting new people both from University and companies through our events.

Pros

Meeting new people and communicating with companies

Cons

Not a full time job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Auckland