University of Auckland

Teaching Assistant10 reviews
New Zealand10 reviews

3.9Pay & Benefits

Good place to work for

I worked here as a TA during my study,Work is well balanced and well-paid. All the staffs are nice and easy to work with. It was a pleasurable work experience.

Pros

Pay, relaxed working environment

Cons

Can’t think of any for now

Challenging and Fun

I tutor with a partner, delivering the lab content that is more to the practical side of the course such as using a certain software (ARIS, SAP). I also mark students assignment, test and exam. It is pretty challenging to deal with different students however our supervisor is so supportive and helpful.

Part time teaching was good

Part-time teaching while doing a PhD. Applied and took on various teaching jobs and courses depending on semester and year. Teaching was fun. However, depending on the courses like design courses, it takes up a lot of time.

Learn on the Job

Learnt a lot in the process and was able to balance this job with the rest of my uni studies. The job was fairly straight forward and it was great being able to help students with modules you have done in the past. The teaching staff are absolutely amazing and help boost your confidence.

Nice

Worked as TA and I love the job. The schedule was flexible for me so I could do other works simultaneously. Overall, I found teaching and marking rewarding although sometime it could be tedious due to the nature of assignment marking.

Good pay, allows room for growth

Independent work culture, where each individual focus on their specific roles. Guidance is provided if you initiated it yourself. Small team of people, so it's easy to get along with team members and allows open communication.

Pros

Opportunities to take on extra jobs

Cons

Can be very intensive during short periods of time

It's good to work here.

It is the top ranked University in New Zealand. The work culture is good and management supports Employees. Overall, working here is fun and I am getting a valuable experience.

Excellent

The University of Auckland provides excellent infrastructure and support for conducting rally high quality research. The principal investigators working here are excellent and are veterans in their field of research. Working in such a world class institute not only improves your knowledge in your research field but also made you capable for undertaking good research.

Very high quality academic place

A good place to work and learn and maintain a good teaching environment.

Teaching Assistant

Led weekly labs through radio system design problems both in measurements and simulations in CST Microware Studio.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

University of Auckland Reviews by Location