University of Auckland

University of Auckland Culture reviews

New Zealand121 reviews

Clear
4.2Work–Life Balance

Zero stress, great work life balance and an independence of working

UoA provides a great balance between work and life, the focus on mental health and well-being is superb. Independent work culture is observed. Lots of support is provided.

Productive and fun workplace

Overall a good place to work. Clear instruction has been given. Also the teachers are nice and colleague are helpful. Easy to know what I should do from the beginning.

very productive

Had a wonderful team while working with the university of Auckland, very organized structure of payroll and administration, my team leader was very good in collaborating.

Team spirit

Every Monday morning was a celebration of accomplishments and every second Friday afternnon was an afternoon tea celebrations for being who we are. Our Director for the Alumni & Development was a competent and an amazing leader. The development team were a very educated and fun bunch. The team ran and achieved the biggest fundraising campaign in the history of NZ +$300M

Excellent Environment

I loved working here, the staff, the environment, everything. i always had a lot of work on my desk to do but it made me happy to constantly be busy. I worked with a great team and that made the job even better.

Overall pleasant and would highly recommend

Overall pleasant and would highly recommend. Has a nice pace. Relaxed yet very stimulating environment Teaches one to take ownership and grow Has a very strong blue work culture

Great benefit for employees with young family

The University has good benefits for employees especially those with young family. However, other institutions offer better salaries and career progression. As for the workplace culture, it depends on the team and the management within that team. Some are not flexible and very directive. I was lucky to be in a team with very supportive management who advocates on our behalf.

Good work/life balance

Culture at the University is good. A lot of great people who want you to succeed. Some old legacy systems do hold back current projects and everyone seems to complain about them but not much is done to optimise or replace them.

Amazing Experience

All good things! AMAZING WORKPLACE CULTURE! • Update contact and demographic information • Connect and engage with alumni about their experience at university and their own career progression • Ask alumni to support their alma mater by making a donation to student support and scholarship funds • Polling & information gathering, data entry All of this helped me gain a meaningful experience within an office environment.

Codieren

Flexible Arbeitszeiten Sehr angenehmes Arbeitsklima Gesprächige und sehr freundliche und aufgeschlossene Kollegen. Gutes internes Betriebsklima Verbesserung der Sprachkenntnisse

Pros

Flache Unternehmenshierarchie

Cons

Mittagessen musste außerhalb der Universität besorgt werden.

Good place to work. Reasonably relaxed environment.

My role ranged between very quiet and very busy and sometimes stressful. Overall it was a good place to work because there was a good balance. What I enjoyed most was supervising events and making sure they were pulled off without a hitch.

Pros

Free food leftover from events. Laidback work culture.

Cons

Often had to stay late to make sure things ran smoothly the next day/to meet clients etc.

Nice place, poorly managed

The University of Auckland is a nice place to work, however, management does not place much value on the staff. That aside, all the staff are very friendly and make the day go by quickly.

Productive, Good learning environment

Good enjoyable culture, very positive learning environment, cooperative Need to improve on departmental management and job advertisements. Overall, a very good experience

Pros

flexible time

Cons

contract hours not sorted out

Good work place and good school to learn in

Really good team members everything is really prepared and being University of Auckland being an university it is a good place to meet new people who you can work with and really fun to learn new skills and good place to work

Pros

good team members to work with

Cons

sometimes not trained enough for events

Productive and fun work place

Good work place. 5 weeks of annual leave. Great Appraisal methods in place. Very professional. Good management. Positive job culture. Progressive employers.

Pros

5 weeks of annual leave

Cons

Many meetings and long hours every 2 weeks and sometimes even more.

multicultural environment

a great place to work, many good benefits for employees, high job security, there is a High expectation of employees, high standard of performance. The culture of the environment is one of tolerance and acceptance

Good pay, allows room for growth

Independent work culture, where each individual focus on their specific roles. Guidance is provided if you initiated it yourself. Small team of people, so it's easy to get along with team members and allows open communication.

Pros

Opportunities to take on extra jobs

Cons

Can be very intensive during short periods of time

It's good to work here.

It is the top ranked University in New Zealand. The work culture is good and management supports Employees. Overall, working here is fun and I am getting a valuable experience.

Fun and healthy environment with balance work and life

Overall - a happy place to work by among peers, co workers, the workload and the team bonding. Been only for 6 months as a contractor but an experience like no other.

Great research environment

Good place to do research in conservation science as the wildlife of New Zealand is beautiful and so much of it is unspoilt. Friendly team of researchers.

Environnement de travail agréable

Relation de confiance et prise d’initiatives possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Auckland
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?