University of Auckland

New Zealand121 reviews

Clear
4.2Work–Life Balance
3.9Pay & Benefits

If you enjoy a back to school environment it's great

The tasks are routine. Getting on with the daily schedule. Making sound decisions.fot the betterment of the days activities. Follow up on events of the previous day.

Pros

Easy to do, good training

Cons

Long hours, night shift

Toxic anti innovation culture

Lots of potential, very interesting job, but massive obstacles to going new things and thinking outside the box, and little reward for good performance

Not bad not great

Low turn over - same people working for several decades in the same department, which isnt good. work life balance is great. Parking is terrible and commute is not fun.

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

same people working for years

Zero stress, great work life balance and an independence of working

UoA provides a great balance between work and life, the focus on mental health and well-being is superb. Independent work culture is observed. Lots of support is provided.

Fun place where you want to learn more

Since its a university and it gets pretty busy during the day everyone is doing their own job, since I was new there and I was on job training , I would call up my boss and he helped me in every situation and was very accommodating.

I enjoyed working with other team members. It helped me with networking with other departments. The University of Auckland provided me with various opportunities for professional growth related activities.

Pros

Easy to manage student life

Cons

limited hours

I did enjoy my work at The University of Auckland and I was very lucky to have a kind, generous and open-minded boss - YN. Being an office admin, I've also learnt a lot of different tasks. It was a rewarding job.

Mentally challenging

Enjoyable and collaborative work environment. Presented at conferences and produced articles. Mentally challenging. Good work environment. Was unpaid position

Excellent Environment

I loved working here, the staff, the environment, everything. i always had a lot of work on my desk to do but it made me happy to constantly be busy. I worked with a great team and that made the job even better.

Overall pleasant and would highly recommend

Overall pleasant and would highly recommend. Has a nice pace. Relaxed yet very stimulating environment Teaches one to take ownership and grow Has a very strong blue work culture

Productive and Challenging

I am in research and the University of Auckland, which is a fine institution in New Zealand. The work place is very nice and comfortable. My boss is very kind, organized, and well intentioned. He is extremely intelligent and supportive of career advancement.

Working at University of Auckland

Its an excellent workplace with lot of work-life balance and minimal stress. Though at times it lacks advancement in career. Also, the review process does not really get translated in salary upgrade.

Great benefit for employees with young family

The University has good benefits for employees especially those with young family. However, other institutions offer better salaries and career progression. As for the workplace culture, it depends on the team and the management within that team. Some are not flexible and very directive. I was lucky to be in a team with very supportive management who advocates on our behalf.

Good opportunities to learn about interesting project.

Good opportunities to learn about an interesting project. However, contract processing is taking forever. The professor is helping to make everything works.

Good work/life balance

Culture at the University is good. A lot of great people who want you to succeed. Some old legacy systems do hold back current projects and everyone seems to complain about them but not much is done to optimise or replace them.

Great student job

This is a secure job for students and is flexible around my timetable. It has a variety of jobs and has helped me connect with many different people across uni.

Codieren

Flexible Arbeitszeiten Sehr angenehmes Arbeitsklima Gesprächige und sehr freundliche und aufgeschlossene Kollegen. Gutes internes Betriebsklima Verbesserung der Sprachkenntnisse

Pros

Flache Unternehmenshierarchie

Cons

Mittagessen musste außerhalb der Universität besorgt werden.

Good for early career academics

Good for early career academics, difficult to have mobility within the structure. Decent work-life balance. Nice environment. Good city. Small university.

Good place to work. Reasonably relaxed environment.

My role ranged between very quiet and very busy and sometimes stressful. Overall it was a good place to work because there was a good balance. What I enjoyed most was supervising events and making sure they were pulled off without a hitch.

Pros

Free food leftover from events. Laidback work culture.

Cons

Often had to stay late to make sure things ran smoothly the next day/to meet clients etc.

Productive and fun work place

Good work place. 5 weeks of annual leave. Great Appraisal methods in place. Very professional. Good management. Positive job culture. Progressive employers.

Pros

5 weeks of annual leave

Cons

Many meetings and long hours every 2 weeks and sometimes even more.

Good

Universities are great places to work especially with students and hardworking staff. I enjoy working at the University but require changes to explore better opportunities to suit me. I have developed through many years working at the University and look forward to more career challenges in life.

Pros

Flexibility work environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Auckland