University of Auckland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Auckland Employee Reviews

New Zealand112 reviews
Overall a good place to work. Clear instruction has been given. Also the teachers are nice and colleague are helpful. Easy to know what I should do from the beginning.
Culture at the University is good. A lot of great people who want you to succeed. Some old legacy systems do hold back current projects and everyone seems to complain about them but not much is done to optimise or replace them.
Learnt a lot in the process and was able to balance this job with the rest of my uni studies. The job was fairly straight forward and it was great being able to help students with modules you have done in the past. The teaching staff are absolutely amazing and help boost your confidence.
Amazing people to work with, and management are very supportive. Workplace is vibrant and beautiful, and exciting with ongoing changes to the business.
Pros
Education IT sector, top NZ University, CBD location, work with amazing people from all walks of life
Cons
Constant and ongoing reviews to change well established processes and business practices
I did a research internship at Auckland University. I learned a lot, though my project could have been more challenging. I enjoyed my time working there.
All good things! AMAZING WORKPLACE CULTURE!
• Update contact and demographic information

• Connect and engage with alumni about their experience at university and their own career progression

• Ask alumni to support their alma mater by making a donation to student support and scholarship funds

• Polling & information gathering, data entry

All of this helped me gain a meaningful experience within an office environment.
Great place to work, flexible working hours and friendly atmosphere. The university supports both research and academic staff to advance in their respective fields.
Worked as TA and I love the job. The schedule was flexible for me so I could do other works simultaneously. Overall, I found teaching and marking rewarding although sometime it could be tedious due to the nature of assignment marking.
Worked as a maths tutor for Stage One students. It was hard sometimes explaining concepts and ideas to students but that's how you learn. Excellent facilities provided at the University of Auckland.
relaxed learning environment along with concerned and friendly staff and faculty who is always willing to help students with school and life situations.
Pros
friendly faculty and staff school environment
Cons
n/a
Working with some of the most intelligent people in New Zealand. Great experience. Flexible working hours and excellent opportunities to learn and develop.
This is a secure job for students and is flexible around my timetable. It has a variety of jobs and has helped me connect with many different people across uni.
The cuts to the humanities has severely affected both the quality of learning and the moral of staff. With few Stage 1 History courses students are limited to exposure to History and therefore will not be inspired to take History at a higher level.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
no job securty
World class research.
Very divers ethnicity.

High quality training and workshops for managers and leaders about coaching, mentoring, leadership in action, leadership for results.
Flexible Arbeitszeiten
Sehr angenehmes Arbeitsklima

Gesprächige und sehr freundliche und aufgeschlossene Kollegen.

Gutes internes Betriebsklima

Verbesserung der Sprachkenntnisse
Pros
Flache Unternehmenshierarchie
Cons
Mittagessen musste außerhalb der Universität besorgt werden.
Good for early career academics, difficult to have mobility within the structure. Decent work-life balance. Nice environment. Good city. Small university.
It always a busy day from Monday to Friday. I learned how to enter the airway bills and search the information of the receiver on the computer. The hardest part was I have to learn new things every day
Pros
Discount for the staff
Cons
We have to wait for the courier van or trucks from Hamilton to be arrived
This was another employment opportunity that lasted 3 months, over the summer period between high-school and university. I was lucky enough to heavily involved in the lab component of a medical students summer research project, which was published in a Medical Journal. This was my first publication, but I hope it is not my last.

This employment gave me the opportunity to explore the basic surgical research method, and helped me meet some incredible individuals. As I was new to research at the time, it was an extremely challenging 3 month period, but it was a challenge that I look back on gratefully.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it required me to be self-motivated and flexible with my time. I worked on my own schedule but had a 3 month deadline to get the research complete by. This meant I had to improve my organisational and self-management skills in a practical way.
Pros
Challenging, Flexible hours, Self-managed
Cons
Commute, Length of Employment
I had a one-year term at the University of Auckland. The colleagues were diverse - and we often collaborated on projects both in and out side of the classroom. I went back twenty years after leaving for a visit. Highly recommend it.
Pros
Great opportunities to work in another country
Cons
I was a research assistant there for a few months in the psychology department. It was a nice environment with good staff. it was a little difficult getting paid, but it worked out in the end.
My role ranged between very quiet and very busy and sometimes stressful. Overall it was a good place to work because there was a good balance. What I enjoyed most was supervising events and making sure they were pulled off without a hitch.
Pros
Free food leftover from events. Laidback work culture.
Cons
Often had to stay late to make sure things ran smoothly the next day/to meet clients etc.