University of Auckland

University of Auckland Employee Reviews

New Zealand121 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Good place to work for

I worked here as a TA during my study,Work is well balanced and well-paid. All the staffs are nice and easy to work with. It was a pleasurable work experience.

Pros

Pay, relaxed working environment

Cons

Can’t think of any for now

Very advanced leadership framework

World class research. Very divers ethnicity. High quality training and workshops for managers and leaders about coaching, mentoring, leadership in action, leadership for results.

Codieren

Flexible Arbeitszeiten Sehr angenehmes Arbeitsklima Gesprächige und sehr freundliche und aufgeschlossene Kollegen. Gutes internes Betriebsklima Verbesserung der Sprachkenntnisse

Pros

Flache Unternehmenshierarchie

Cons

Mittagessen musste außerhalb der Universität besorgt werden.

Good for early career academics

Good for early career academics, difficult to have mobility within the structure. Decent work-life balance. Nice environment. Good city. Small university.

The Warehouse was too cold

It always a busy day from Monday to Friday. I learned how to enter the airway bills and search the information of the receiver on the computer. The hardest part was I have to learn new things every day

Pros

Discount for the staff

Cons

We have to wait for the courier van or trucks from Hamilton to be arrived

Incredible opportunity

This was another employment opportunity that lasted 3 months, over the summer period between high-school and university. I was lucky enough to heavily involved in the lab component of a medical students summer research project, which was published in a Medical Journal. This was my first publication, but I hope it is not my last. This employment gave me the opportunity to explore the basic surgical research method, and helped me meet some incredible individuals. As I was new to research at the time, it was an extremely challenging 3 month period, but it was a challenge that I look back on gratefully. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it required me to be self-motivated and flexible with my time. I worked on my own schedule but had a 3 month deadline to get the research complete by. This meant I had to improve my organisational and self-management skills in a practical way.

Pros

Challenging, Flexible hours, Self-managed

Cons

Commute, Length of Employment

A great experience at a great college

I had a one-year term at the University of Auckland. The colleagues were diverse - and we often collaborated on projects both in and out side of the classroom. I went back twenty years after leaving for a visit. Highly recommend it.

Pros

Great opportunities to work in another country

A nice place to work.

I was a research assistant there for a few months in the psychology department. It was a nice environment with good staff. it was a little difficult getting paid, but it worked out in the end.

Good place to work. Reasonably relaxed environment.

My role ranged between very quiet and very busy and sometimes stressful. Overall it was a good place to work because there was a good balance. What I enjoyed most was supervising events and making sure they were pulled off without a hitch.

Pros

Free food leftover from events. Laidback work culture.

Cons

Often had to stay late to make sure things ran smoothly the next day/to meet clients etc.

Love it here!

Love the work environment. Sometimes it gets crazy around the busy times, but still, everyone is so helpful and thoughtful. Management really cares about us. Your voice can be heard, it doesn't fall on deaf ears like other workplaces. People are nice and easy going. Very well looked after as a staff member.

Nice place, poorly managed

The University of Auckland is a nice place to work, however, management does not place much value on the staff. That aside, all the staff are very friendly and make the day go by quickly.

Very relaxed Sales

Very relaxed but higher up CEO's are slightly corrupt. Selling and preordering course books, replying to mail requests, issuing room bookings, marking and taking in Assignment scripts and general inquiries.

Productive, Good learning environment

Good enjoyable culture, very positive learning environment, cooperative Need to improve on departmental management and job advertisements. Overall, a very good experience

Pros

flexible time

Cons

contract hours not sorted out

Fun workplace

I worked as a research assistant to one of the researchers and lecturers and it was great because I had flexible hours and great, interesting work. I learnt a lot from the job experience and I loved the environment.

productive

Excellent faculty specially in computer science and statistics department providing numerous opportunities to excel in the field/area you wish to work.

Good work place and good school to learn in

Really good team members everything is really prepared and being University of Auckland being an university it is a good place to meet new people who you can work with and really fun to learn new skills and good place to work

Pros

good team members to work with

Cons

sometimes not trained enough for events

Productive and fun work place

Good work place. 5 weeks of annual leave. Great Appraisal methods in place. Very professional. Good management. Positive job culture. Progressive employers.

Pros

5 weeks of annual leave

Cons

Many meetings and long hours every 2 weeks and sometimes even more.

a wondereful environment to work with : nice staffs, supportive technicians, excellent facilities, easy access by public transport, high paid and opportunities for travelling

flexible work place

Being a research assistant is fun at the University of Auckland. The professor is nice and considerable, it is easy to negotiate with them about the working time and work deadlines. You will be provided comprehensive training before you go to a practical interview. From the training they will teach you tips to ask the questions, relax the interviewees and other skills. The research fellows are all very nice. You will have equal opportunity to involve in different part of research instead of doing a set of fixed tasks. It is fun to interact people with multi-cultural backgrounds and see how the trends had changed during the years.

multicultural environment

a great place to work, many good benefits for employees, high job security, there is a High expectation of employees, high standard of performance. The culture of the environment is one of tolerance and acceptance

Fun and educational environment.

Office duties within the student registry department. Altogether a wonderful place to work. Work included a lot of data entry, a lot of trouble shooting of computer data entry functions, introduction of checking procedures.

Pros

Offered opportunities to learn.

Cons

Not so easy to advance up work ladder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Auckland