University of Auckland

University of Auckland Employee Reviews

New Zealand121 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Good place to work for

I worked here as a TA during my study,Work is well balanced and well-paid. All the staffs are nice and easy to work with. It was a pleasurable work experience.

Pros

Pay, relaxed working environment

Cons

Can’t think of any for now

Good

Universities are great places to work especially with students and hardworking staff. I enjoy working at the University but require changes to explore better opportunities to suit me. I have developed through many years working at the University and look forward to more career challenges in life.

Pros

Flexibility work environment

Transparent and Open Communication

There is no hiding on what the team is working on and the deliverable. All the information related to the work in progress and upcoming work is placed at a location and is updated and communicated to the stakeholders from time to time.

Pros

Can plan the work ahead of time and can avoid work conflicts

Cons

Any issue arises, update information and to communicate to huge group of people to maintain the tranparency

Good pay, allows room for growth

Independent work culture, where each individual focus on their specific roles. Guidance is provided if you initiated it yourself. Small team of people, so it's easy to get along with team members and allows open communication.

Pros

Opportunities to take on extra jobs

Cons

Can be very intensive during short periods of time

It's good to work here.

It is the top ranked University in New Zealand. The work culture is good and management supports Employees. Overall, working here is fun and I am getting a valuable experience.

Encouraging and interesting work environment.

Offered great flexibility and a focus on personal development. Variety of interesting work and encouragement to take part in university activities. Very friendly staff.

Inspiring, flexible and friendly workplace.

The University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services is an inspiring and friendly work environment. There is a good work/life balance and it offers flexibility.

Good work place

Very relaxed environment whereby it provides flexibility. Although I love working here, I would like to have a new challenge working in a different organization.

Fun and healthy environment with balance work and life

Overall - a happy place to work by among peers, co workers, the workload and the team bonding. Been only for 6 months as a contractor but an experience like no other.

Great research environment

Good place to do research in conservation science as the wildlife of New Zealand is beautiful and so much of it is unspoilt. Friendly team of researchers.

Bureaucratic but Fun

Everyday at The University of Auckland is a positive challenge for both students and staff. They both learn together; students learn new topics and ideas and staff learn how to be better than the day before. Thus, it will not get any routine for people. to summarize, it is a non-zero sum game, studying/working at the University of Auckland.

Pros

Great people

Cons

time-consuming Paper work, Aweful IT systems

Disponibilité

Beaucoup de matériel très technique à disposition. Ouverture des locaux tôt le matin et fermeture tard le soir.

Environnement de travail agréable

Relation de confiance et prise d’initiatives possible.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time their.

I put a lot into my job and got a lot back in return. I enjoyed working with the various staff and i also enjoyed the benefits and training of the Univetsity of Auckland.

Pros

End of year parties.

Cons

i cant think of any.

Working in University of Auckland

University of Auckland is a very friendly environment where you work, social interactions and help are very flexible.

Great team atmosphere

Great job one day in the office next day overseas I learnt alot about CME from the sun and our electromagnetic atmosphere

Nice people, fun to work with

Uniservices was a great company to work with, even though I was hired for a short period of time, but I manage to hang out and socialize with the team. They were appreciative of my efforts, and did their best on communications. However, there were some problems with paying me on time, and I had to contact them, but they immediately payed me after they realized that the problem was on their side.

Great volunteer work experience

Spent a couple of months shadowing and assisting a PhD student with work on spinal cord injuries and using bacterial vectors

Customer Service Representative

I have had various roles within my time at the University of Auckland. My current position as a Customer Service Representative involves assisting all University Staff. The job is rewarding and enjoy helping others within the University. In my current role I have learnt new skills especially around IT assistance. My co-workers are supportive and we all support each other. The hardest part of the job is the change of shifts on a weekly basis. The most enjoyable part is offering a high level of service to all staff at the University of Auckland.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Weekly change of shift hours

Good Experience

Freedom to do my own experiments and practice my own ideas. Got plenty of One on Ones with management and professors. No one else was working in the same field so at times it was boring.

Pros

Freedom of time and management

Cons

No work culture

Solve It challenge student ambassador

Inspire University student participate the competition standing outside library and talking to students, learning a lot in deal with face to face talking

Pros

part time while study

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Auckland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Auckland