University of Auckland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Auckland Employee Reviews

New Zealand112 reviews
Overall a good place to work. Clear instruction has been given. Also the teachers are nice and colleague are helpful. Easy to know what I should do from the beginning.
Good place to do research in conservation science as the wildlife of New Zealand is beautiful and so much of it is unspoilt. Friendly team of researchers.
Everyday at The University of Auckland is a positive challenge for both students and staff. They both learn together; students learn new topics and ideas and staff learn how to be better than the day before. Thus, it will not get any routine for people.
to summarize, it is a non-zero sum game, studying/working at the University of Auckland.
Pros
Great people
Cons
time-consuming Paper work, Aweful IT systems
Beaucoup de matériel très technique à disposition. Ouverture des locaux tôt le matin et fermeture tard le soir.
Relation de confiance et prise d’initiatives possible.
I put a lot into my job and got a lot back in return.
I enjoyed working with the various staff and i also enjoyed the benefits and training of the Univetsity of Auckland.
Pros
End of year parties.
Cons
i cant think of any.
University of Auckland is a very friendly environment where you work, social interactions and help are very flexible.
Great job one day in the office next day overseas I learnt alot about CME from the sun and our electromagnetic atmosphere
Uniservices was a great company to work with, even though I was hired for a short period of time, but I manage to hang out and socialize with the team.

They were appreciative of my efforts, and did their best on communications.

However, there were some problems with paying me on time, and I had to contact them, but they immediately payed me after they realized that the problem was on their side.
Spent a couple of months shadowing and assisting a PhD student with work on spinal cord injuries and using bacterial vectors
I have had various roles within my time at the University of Auckland. My current position as a Customer Service Representative involves assisting all University Staff. The job is rewarding and enjoy helping others within the University. In my current role I have learnt new skills especially around IT assistance. My co-workers are supportive and we all support each other. The hardest part of the job is the change of shifts on a weekly basis. The most enjoyable part is offering a high level of service to all staff at the University of Auckland.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Weekly change of shift hours
Freedom to do my own experiments and practice my own ideas. Got plenty of One on Ones with management and professors.

No one else was working in the same field so at times it was boring.
Pros
Freedom of time and management
Cons
No work culture
Inspire University student participate the competition
standing outside library and talking to students, learning a lot in deal with face to face talking
Pros
part time while study
I had to give tours to people who are interested in University of Auckland's Halls of Residences. It was very nice meeting new people. I develop good interpersonal skills and fast-thinking as I have to keep on talking to people. My co-workers were fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that I had to walk to all the Halls of Residences and back to Uni to get more people at least 7 times in 3 hours.
A typical day at work consisted of us volunteers turning up to the venue and getting briefed on what the day consisted of, who is doing what and also how long this task should be carried out.
I learnt that self management will affect how the programme is run, if you don't complete your job on time, there will be repercussions.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early Hours
We were ambassadors for Pasifika Engineering students who talk to high school students about taking that step to study engineering. My co-workers and I managed to persuade some people who were unsure of what career pathway to take up engineering as a career.
The hardest part of the job was trying to attract females into thinking about studying engineering because it's such a male dominated industry and so they often found it intimidating. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new faces and getting to know each others background and culture a bit more and also seeing why they wanted to pursue engineering as their career.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short amount of time allocated to meet people
I enjoyed my work at the University and my co-workers were friendly and welcoming. I did however wish there was more opportunity to grow and find more challenging positions.
Pros
Pleasant non-stressful work
Cons
long hours and 6 day a week work routine
The university of Auckland was an employer that was not interested in creating a happy workplace or competitive wages. They were unwilling to compromise with staff.
In 2015 I was the committee's publicity officer. This involved designing and creating posters for our events and for advertising, as well as distributing them through out the university.
This would generally take a day or two, including adjustments and changes suggested by the rest of the committee.

This year I am one of five in the industry group. This involves us communicating with businesses and looking for potential sponsors.

The most enjoyable part of being apart of the executive committee is working with a great group of people, and meeting new people both from University and companies through our events.
Pros
Meeting new people and communicating with companies
Cons
Not a full time job
I had the experience of excellent senior management support and trust to execute several projects within the Student Administration body of the University of Auckland over 4 years.

I learnt confidence in my strengths and ability to execute professionally, excellently and extensively for the pride and purposes of the director I worked for and flourised immenesely.

The most enjoyable part I enjoyed was exercising my authority effectively, responsibly and purposesfully for my contractual obligations and employer that gave me incredible self job satisfaction.
Pros
Senior management support and confidence
Cons
Bureaucracy, red tape and some conflicting personalities
As a Laboratory technician I was responsible for the performing analysis of diary products, mainly in the RG department. My tasks and duties include:
• Fat content analysis on dried and pre-dried milk and cheese products using RG, SBR and free fat methods

• Data entry on results and requests from dryers

• Retest and confirm out-of-spec results

• Laboratoyr equipment calibration and maintenance

• Under go auditing
Pros
team work
Cons
self-explorer