University of Auckland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Auckland Employee Reviews

New Zealand112 reviews
Overall a good place to work. Clear instruction has been given. Also the teachers are nice and colleague are helpful. Easy to know what I should do from the beginning.
Was able to study full time and work full time and nothing was influenced badly. I could work from home so that was a plus. Great management. I learnt the importance of time management and completing tasks well and on time.
-tutoring math twice a week in the located schedule
-respond the emails and answer the enquiries from the students

-pass the advice from the students to the lecturer
Cons
You get to meet different cultures in the work place, learning new things from students from the different countries,
Management is very flexible with all co workers when it come to decision making management lets all co workers know if there is last minute changes in roosters or schedules.

We've had a very supportive management team which is good for the company.
Pros
Meeting different Cultures from different countries
Cons
Nothing really
A typical day includes lectures, studying and relaxing. I spend between 3 - 8 hours at university at either lectures or libraries working on engineering based courses. I have learned about the intricacies of engineering in practice and find it very difficult. Although it is difficult due to the workload, I am motivated to succeed. I enjoy the environment engineering studies provide for me at Auckland university.
My first job as "staff" at the University. The University system takes a bit of getting used to and is very different from the consulting world that I am accustomed to. University overheads are a killer, but I have found my feet. The most enjoyable part of the job is inter-disciplinary liaison to develop and deliver services to improve primary health care. A lot of opportunity for networking, learning and the potential for advancement. I have a great boss.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
The bureaucracy associated with working in a University environment
Enjoyment in solving puzzles with a bit of exercise in the morning hours daily. I love to work here as in the morning my trolley would be ready for me and I just need to arrange all the books accordingly and then search for its place in the racks and place them. I am proud in my job of keeping the books well managed for the easy access of the students.
Learned a lot of things working with this company. International Exposure was there while working with people across the world.
Pros
Free meals with transport
Cons
Not Any
I would review all communications that are delivered internally and externally to promote our specific department. I always devise strategic ways to build brand recognition and awareness. Learnt alot about development of marketing strategies online and offline. I've moved into a senior management role, which I'm enjoying the career progression and experience. Co-workers are awesome, we all have great conversation and they'll all supportive. Hardest part of my job is that I don't like the idea of not having any more career progression from my role within the organisation. Most enjoyable part is the variety of responsibilities which helps me cover and learn a lot.
Pros
Flexible hours
It was a very supportive environment to work in. Worked well in a team. Enjoyed meeting new people. We were trained well.
Our responsibility is provide guidance and support through giving new students tips and let them know about the different events and activities on campus, organise answering or following up on any questions they might have
I learned how to handle problem effectively and work under pressure
Most of the jobs I hold was during my undergraduate or postgraduate years. So I had the flexibility to work whenever I am free. I have learned time management and organisational skills.Being part of a well-known institution, the team and management were very professional and fun. Hardest part of the job was as a demonstrator, I had to help the students out with their work and it was difficult at times to teach and answer their questions. However, it was satisfying when the students understood whatever you have taught them.
The University of Auckland provides excellent infrastructure and support for conducting rally high quality research. The principal investigators working here are excellent and are veterans in their field of research. Working in such a world class institute not only improves your knowledge in your research field but also made you capable for undertaking good research.
Affiancando docenti di esperienza pluridecennale ho acquisito tecniche e metodologie di insegnamento importanti per la mia crescita professionale.
First laboratory experience was this studentship. Allowed me to understand what working in a lab is like, self-motivated work . So you need a drive to be able to complete this.
The long hours worked at the Langham poses a great challenge and develops a good work ethic. The team at the Langham is supportive of one another and can make any job entertaining. Frequent social events allowed for great team bonding.
Pros
Great team spirit
Great place to work. People are cool. Independent work rate but ensured complete towards deadline. Supervisors are understanding and funny.
Relaxed yet productive institute, always challenges you to think outside the box.
More supports to challenge any opportunity inside and outside the academic life.
I have very good support and excellent staff. It was challenging but I enjoyed working there.
A good place to work and learn and maintain a good teaching environment.