University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all University of Otago reviews

University of Otago

University of Otago Employee Review

Adaptable

Flexible with my academic workload. Great place to interact between students and lecturers. Able to express ideas and concerns associated with the workload.

Pros

establishing a connection between students and lecturers

Cons

no payment

Same roleSame location

Productive Workplace

Flexible hours, a fun and flexible environment. All while surrounded by like minded people. Students and lecturers alike are aware who I am due to my position.

Pros

Free snacks, being a student representative

Cons

Same location

PhD student

I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
Same location

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.

I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Otago. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2