University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
University of Otago Employee Review

Excellent experience

20 December 2017
Being visiting researcher at Uni otago twice was an amazing experience. Got an opportunity to work under excellent supervisors. Had amazing exposure to work in laboratory as well as working in clinic with patients. Did large amount to research and development work s well independently as well as team work. Gained a lot of computer knowledge.
13 June 2014
Same roleSame location
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) - Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
I would go in set up my experiment, have a cup of coffee, and do some research while my experiment was running. I learned a lot about the lungs and how inhalant drugs worked. The hardest part of my job was figuring out what to do for my next experiment. The most enjoyable part was the people that surrounded me and working in the lab.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No pay
28 April 2020
Same location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
20 March 2020
Same location
Tutor at Residential Halls (Current Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.