University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all University of Otago reviews

University of Otago

University of Otago Employee Review

Located in a very beautiful city

Life here is relaxing and people are nice. Employees are respected and your work is appreciated by your colleagues. Employers are willing to support your continued education.

Discriminatory environment

Although the employer assert that the organization is an equal opportunity employer and it inspires critical thinking, hiring people is highly politicized and making critical and fair remarks result in setbacks on career prospects.

Pros

Nice town

Cons

Nepotism

PhD student

I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.

I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Otago. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Otago
  • Located in a very beautiful city