University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all University of Otago reviews

University of Otago

University of Otago Employee Review

Productive and exciting

Studied my BA in Linguistics and learnt a lot. Gained opportunities and linguistics knowledge I studied from 2008-2010 Worked under stress and duress and took up a lot of papers involving linguistics found my interest in phonetics / phonology and wanted to pursue ever since then.

PhD student

I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.

I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.

Extremely easy to get a long with people and company culture.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Small town

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Otago. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2