University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all University of Otago reviews

University of Otago

University of Otago Employee Review

Relaxing workplace

Very relaxing job. Very good pay. Most enjoyable part of job is to help students with computer tasks. Hardest part of job is to meet deadlines when marking students' assignments.

Same roleSame location

productive

Ph.D. is the hardest and most interesting part of my study at Otago. The lab environment is encouraging and the supervisor is an intellectual and very helpful person. I have learned new techniques and developed a scope towards the field of research I have undertaken.

Pros

good faculty and tea room for relaxation
Same location

PhD student

I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
Same location

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.

I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.
  • University of Otago