University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
University of Otago Employee Review

Relaxing workplace

4 July 2017
Very relaxing job. Very good pay. Most enjoyable part of job is to help students with computer tasks. Hardest part of job is to meet deadlines when marking students' assignments.
7 November 2017
Same roleSame location
Lab demonstrator (Current Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
Ph.D. is the hardest and most interesting part of my study at Otago. The lab environment is encouraging and the supervisor is an intellectual and very helpful person. I have learned new techniques and developed a scope towards the field of research I have undertaken.
Pros
good faculty and tea room for relaxation
28 April 2020
Same location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
20 March 2020
Same location
Tutor at Residential Halls (Current Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.