University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
University of Otago Employee Review

The Marketing Department

22 December 2019
My experience has been terrible working for the school. The school keeps sending out offers to students it knows it wont accept. They just want to increase the pool of students so they make sure they have enough money. The school is terrible at ethics and I feel bullied and underappreciated all the time. There has been so much turn over and people leaving because of the new management system. The school treatment of students has caused over-drinking among the students causing one alcoholic-related death. The marketing director that It would help with the marketing.
28 April 2020
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
20 March 2020
Tutor at Residential Halls (Current Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.
17 February 2020
Administrador (Former Employee) - Dunedin, New Zealand
Extremely easy to get a long with people and company culture.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Small town