University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Otago Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

3.4Job Security & Advancement

PhD student

I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.

Good place

Great place to work with great people in a great location. really enjoyable and really easy to get to know people. A high level of research facility with a lot of facilities

it was fine

it was fine, I don't understand why I need to review previous workplaces. I enjoyed it, people were nice, was a good place to work

Great research experience!

A great place to work in research! Carefully choose your topic, professor and department, and it will surely be rewarding!

Stimulating learning and teaching environment.

It has been great experience in teaching. I have realy enjoyed it and look forward to furthering my teaching experience.

Research, Analysis and Administration

- Administration based tasks, computer, filing, scanning, photocopying, communicating with students and academic staff, management meetings, managing junior staff, research based tasks such as running participants, preparing project materials, analysis of data - Management of staff, preparing for meetings, working as a team, tight deadlines - Great team environment with hard working co-workers - None, enjoyed every aspect of the job - Working with an enthusiastic team and helping students.

Pros

Great team environment doing interesting research

Cons