University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

University of Otago Employee Reviews for Tutor in Dunedin, Otago

Tutor4 reviews
Dunedin, Otago4 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.

I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.

Fun workplace

You are paid by your degree. The salary is different between different degrees. Great place to work there. Feeling good in teaching young fresh guys. Time is flexible.

Productive workplace

Otago University was a good employer, the staff were really nice that I encountered and the environment was good. For my tutoring positions, for the work I had to put in the money was not particularly good.

Study and work

Tutoring was a great job to have while completing my Thesis. in my final masters year. Took four classes a week, class preparation for what and how i would present the learning material and make it accessible and interesting for students. Classes were an hour long and highly interactive. Best part was inspiring students and generating debate and discussion in class. Seeing good results in presentations and essays. Worst part was balancing marking several hundred assignments with writing Thesis and other part time job. Great leadership from professors I had previously been a student under.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Otago. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?