University of Otago Employee Review
Excellent work culture
My experience as a PhD researcher at the University of Otago has been wonderful. They have a very relaxed and friendly environment. I would highly recommend this University to any prospective student/ researcher.
Ratings by category
There is significant room for improvement - compared to experience in other organisations. I have the feeling that the University, as the biggest employer in town, has not had to expend much effort on improving its operations. A huge review of business processes is under way, this may provide the impetus to step up into the 21st Century.
Hours are very flexible; in my case: significant freedom on how to approach my tasks
For many general staff: Flat career structures, low max salaries, 20th century systems with high transactional load, performance systems are less transparent than in other places I have worked
I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Otago. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 63 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about University of Otago
- What interview questions do they ask at University of Otago?3 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at University of Otago?2 people answered
- Does University of Otago have a staff discount? How much is University of Otago’s staff discount?2 people answered
- What is the company culture like at University of Otago?One person answered
- If you were to leave University of Otago, what would be the reason?One person answered
See all questions and answers
University of Otago Reviews by Job Title