University of Otago
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
University of Otago Employee Review

Study and work

15 October 2015
Tutoring was a great job to have while completing my Thesis. in my final masters year.

Took four classes a week, class preparation for what and how i would present the learning material and make it accessible and interesting for students. Classes were an hour long and highly interactive.

Best part was inspiring students and generating debate and discussion in class. Seeing good results in presentations and essays.

Worst part was balancing marking several hundred assignments with writing Thesis and other part time job.

Great leadership from professors I had previously been a student under.
28 April 2020
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I worked as a teaching assistant and PhD student in Dunedin, Otago. Depending on the department, the culture is different. salaries for PhD and PostDocs are good and fair. However, job security after graduation is an issue. The administration workflow is amazing. Very smooth and quick in responses.
20 March 2020
Tutor at Residential Halls (Current Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.
17 February 2020
Administrador (Former Employee) - Dunedin, New Zealand
Extremely easy to get a long with people and company culture.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Small town