University of Otago Employee Review

View all University of Otago reviews

Fulfilling hard work.
Producer/Student (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, New Zealand22 January 2015
During my final year at University i had the opportunity to produce an album of a local band. Through this experience i learnt about the recording studio environment and how to time manage myself as well as the band and the engineer. Learning the ins and outs of the music industry trade while also gaining hands on experience was a experience i will never forget. Working long hours under time restraints and having to get the best out of all involved was my job as manager and i thrived on the situation. Finishing the album with a happy team was well worth the late nights and stress that came with the opportunity.
Pros
Hands on experience, recording studio understanding

Other University of Otago Employee Reviews

Just another job.
Assistant Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago28 November 2019
Ridiculously stressful with twice the workload I signed up for with no appreciation.

The only thing that made it worth it until it lasted was my passion for Science and even that couldn't save it.
Good for independent workers
If you are a real self-starter and happy to make things work for yourself and your students, this university can be a good fit. There is a lot of freedom to design your job.
Pros
Intellectual freedom
Cons
University beaurocracy and red tape