University of Otago

University of Otago Employee Review

View all University of Otago reviews

Fulfilling hard work.
Producer/Student (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, New Zealand22 January 2015
During my final year at University i had the opportunity to produce an album of a local band. Through this experience i learnt about the recording studio environment and how to time manage myself as well as the band and the engineer. Learning the ins and outs of the music industry trade while also gaining hands on experience was a experience i will never forget. Working long hours under time restraints and having to get the best out of all involved was my job as manager and i thrived on the situation. Finishing the album with a happy team was well worth the late nights and stress that came with the opportunity.
Pros
Hands on experience, recording studio understanding

Other University of Otago Employee Reviews

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.
Tutor at Residential Halls (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago20 March 2020
I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.
Administrador (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, New Zealand17 February 2020
Extremely easy to get a long with people and company culture.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Small town