University of Otago Employee Review

View all University of Otago reviews

University of Otago -
Customer Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunedin North, Otago29 February 2016
Early start of 7.30am this was to have keys to building available for Trade Staff so they could get an early start on jobs before staff and students arrived for the day. Needed a strong knowledge base on what buildings and what departments are within each building as key are issued by numbers only as a security measure.

Process Requests from Departments for work required on buildings we received up to around 150 per day I needed a strong knowledge base on what trade to send it too, if it was an Urgent requirement. Should the request be sent to facilities manager as the cost maybe over $500.

Management pretty good

Co-workers great team

Dealing with people (staff) when there was someone in their park (it costs a lot of money to have a reserved carpark or someone (students) being towed due to parking in someones park.
Pros
Excellent Salary

Other University of Otago Employee Reviews

Excellent work culture
PhD Researcher (Final Year) (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago8 December 2019
My experience as a PhD researcher at the University of Otago has been wonderful. They have a very relaxed and friendly environment. I would highly recommend this University to any prospective student/ researcher.
Just another job.
Assistant Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago28 November 2019
Ridiculously stressful with twice the workload I signed up for with no appreciation.

The only thing that made it worth it until it lasted was my passion for Science and even that couldn't save it.