University of Otago Employee Review

View all University of Otago reviews

Typical institution everyone and everything is monitored but made some nice friends and workmates
Financial manager (Former Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago28 September 2016
Typical day at work was to greet your co-workers talk to your immediate colleagues about work related matters.
Learnt how to communicate with people and staff at the time and maintain a good repore with those around you, learnt to read what management expected of you and to achieve those goals.
Learnt to mix with co-workers and work as a team.
Hardest part of the job was to deal with changes in academic management and maintaining the research contracts, to their expectations.
Most enjoyable part of the job was making friendships with my colleagues.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere most days
Cons
sometimes difficult to get leave

Other University of Otago Employee Reviews

Excellent work culture
PhD Researcher (Final Year) (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago8 December 2019
My experience as a PhD researcher at the University of Otago has been wonderful. They have a very relaxed and friendly environment. I would highly recommend this University to any prospective student/ researcher.
Just another job.
Assistant Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dunedin City, Otago28 November 2019
Ridiculously stressful with twice the workload I signed up for with no appreciation.

The only thing that made it worth it until it lasted was my passion for Science and even that couldn't save it.