University of Otago

University of Otago Employee Review

View all University of Otago reviews

A wonderful workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin12 June 2015
I specialised in providing exemplary customer service. I learnt how to use 2 very complicated data bases full of confidential library patron information.

The hardest part of the job was that there was always something new to learn, what there was to learn was always changing, and I knew I was on a temporary contract that might not be renewed. It wasn't.

Getting to spend my days at the University of Otago was the best part of this job. Wonderful people, fantastic surroundings, and all the benefits of going to open lectures and spending lunchtimes in the gardens.

Other University of Otago Employee Reviews

Lots of work, but highly rewarding.
Tutor at Residential Halls (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago20 March 2020
I am a full-time student working part-time for the university. I am relatively well-respected by my colleagues and the students I teach alike – with each hall of residence varying. They have set pay scales for each level of education (eg. undergraduate, graduate, masters) for hourly tutoring pay. Undergraduate is ~$19p/h for preparation and delivery of tutorial.
Administrador (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, New Zealand17 February 2020
Extremely easy to get a long with people and company culture.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Small town