USAA

USAA Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Showing all 4,037 reviews

Overworked and underpaid

Not a great place to work if you value your mental health. You’ll be taught the company mission over and over and over again, but in the end, the company only cares about products, not service members or their families.

Worst place to work

Not only did they do pay cuts and try to disguise them as pay raises, the schedules were not flexible, and they love to tell you to do extra work for no additional pay because the reality is you will be stuck in the same role with a masters or doctorates with no advancement because their focus is hiring externally and claiming it’s highly competitive. My advice would be use them for their free education benefit and go somewhere we’re you will get paid for your skills, have flexible hours, and appreciated.

Pros

Cons

Flexibility, dead end job, and management

Toxic work environmental

USAA does not care about their employees. Unrealistic word load. Upper leadership does not care about frontline employees. Only work here if you want your mental health destroyed.

good workplace

great pay great time off they don't pay too much but enough and the time off is great i had just started and i had about a month off it was the best. i got paternal leave a week

Garbage. Simply put.

Management sucks. Quality assurance sucks. They fight all the timeHere. The bathrooms smell horrid. The parking lots are dirty. They just don’t care. About anything. Ever.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything else

love the culture at USAA

Loved working at USAA, unfortunately they don't pay their people what they are worth. They rather you go else where then pay you market pay. Benefits were good except bonuses went down each year went from 20% and when i left it was down to 8%.

Pros

management

Cons

pay

Overworked, overwhelmed and mentally exhausted

The culture at USAA has changed drastically for the worst. They expect adjusters to do all aspects of claims handling while being treated like a bottom tier call center employee. They demand licensed adjusters to answer back to back calls and make that a priority over actually handling claims. This causes a back log of work that adjusters still have to meet metrics for. You have no choice but to work overtime in order to complete your work to meet your goals. USAA has unrealistic expectations and work loads for their employees. They used to value their employees and members but with recent changes in leadership it's all about the money and numbers now. In turn this has created unhappy members who are justifiably fed up and a miserable work force. This was a good company when I started years ago. It's so sad to see the standards of a once great company diminish. I was just one of many seasoned employees that did a mass exodus in the last few months. My mental health means more.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

Heavy workload, stressful environment, poor upper management.

Stressful and Dismissive

Expect constant system issues that prevent you from completing expected tasks. Expect excuses about a lack of support from management because they are so busy. Expect robotic replies from every director and manager you work under. Expect excuse after excuse until morale is so low you feel forced to leave. The company has zero accountability.

There is both good and bad

It's a sales position. I was hired with them knowing I was not a sales person but sometimes they just need a body. It has been difficult to get out of this position because your score has to be absolutely amazing before you can be promoted or even change positions. I have my degree in a completely different field and I was told I would have plenty of opportunities to enter into my field of study. That has yet to happen. a lot of empty promises.

Pros

remote. great culture and teamwork dynamic.

Cons

short breaks. not hours. encourages overtime. questionable work life balance.

Great Company

This company invests a lot in its employees. It loves and respects our military and the service they provide. The organization invests in employee education regards of its relation to their work. There are flexible schedules to offer work-life balance.

Pros

Flexible schedules, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Call center-like dynamic

What is the best part of working at the company?The culture What is the most stressful part about working at the company?None the support is amazing What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Family oriented What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast paced work place with lots of support

worst work from home job teleperformance contractor

not family oriented wants you to show empathy to members but we don’t receive the same courtesy they don’t help with maternity leaves supervisors distasteful

Productive and Fun Place

Love the work. Constantly changing and great conversations with members. Love the member service experiencem. Always room for growth and opportunities

High pace but unrealistic goals

The culture is amazing. However you're expected to reach unrealistic new product goals or you receive reprimand. Unfortunately with being in servicing you can only get so many new relationships with members who are not new members.

I learned the ropes

Usaa made me the well rounded and confident adjuster I am today. They provided invaluable leadership and education that allowed me to move into a profession I now love.

Pros

Stability and pride of working for a large corporation

Cons

Overwhelming workload

Flexibility and opportunities are there

I work from home and love the flexibility that comes with it. People love our products and service. They have great programs to advance your career here.

What is the best part of working at the company?Health care/ 4 day work week/ safety/ What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No personal stresses that are not apart of working among humansWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?At the time. Lot of situational personal bias What is a typical day like for you at the company?At the time like any other, routine, however more about respect and honor for service toward USAA members

Pros and cons

The position I was in had been eliminated. Overall USAA was a great company to work for. Benefits were decent. Advancement was near impossible unless you had an in. Very hard to get vacation around the holidays. Pay was below average for the industry.

Opportunities to grow

The company provides a great culture and compensation. Work life balance is good and leadership is supportive. Every company has highs and lows but USAA shows their appreciation consistently.

Decent benefits and pay

Benefits are decent and pays decent. However, not a very organized company. When you ask questions you’re answered with that’s a great question. IWhen you ask questions your answered with that’s a great question. I’ll have to find out. Opportunities for time off and paid time off or pretty good.

Poor management

USAA is employee centric, they’re all about their employees. A phenomenal company that I love dearly. Yet, some Managers only looks out for themselves. So I had to leave the company. Soon after my director and AVP left as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• USAA