Verisk

Verisk Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Good potential, ineffectual management

Some managers were hired beyond their abilities to organize, inspire, make positive changes, or to actually manage. Many employees have good expertise which is only sometimes effectively harnessed and rewarded. Numerous earnest workers sidelined and eventually leave because their attempts to do their jobs and to improve products and internal processes get thwarted. Culture can be good or awful depending upon department. Some methods and attitudes are old-fashioned and slow to change.

Pros

Good work-life balance, some friendly faces, work has potential be interesting

Cons

Favoritism, lack of transparency, unclear priorities and goals affects productivity

Great work, mediocre management

Scope of work for PhDs is highly stimulating. But management is lackluster and recent change of CEO and merging of brand identities has not been executed well down to the individual worker level.

Summer Remote Data Engineering Internship good

Internship didn't exceed expectations and went above and beyond, it merely provided an interesting project that allowed me to learn a lot of new skills. However, besides that such as work culture and having fun and benefits, it is quite average and nothing surprising. Manager was very helpful and people were very friendly though, it never felt as i was an outcast.

great people to work with. Mid level management is great.

Company only cares about numbers. Promotion are not very common and people are working in the same position for decades. We are unable to promote them because it cost money.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

promotion is hard to get but yet on the other hand there are people promoted and no one knows why.

Great place to work and improve new skills. Friendly colleagues to work and learn best strategies in the industry. Proactive problem solving and high analytical skill to enhance any project.

Good place to get intern experience

There wasn't much to do, but the work was easy. In addition, it was a nice way to get some experience with being an intern and doing some spreadsheet work for a company.

Good benefits, poor salaries

Verisk needs to learn that the job market has changed; it's losing talented, senior people at an accelerated rate because it is slow to promote internally and the salaries are far below market level.

Pros

hybrid schedule, not a lot of overtime

Cons

low salaries

Pretty good

Good place to work, you put in the effort and get rewarded for it. Coworkers are great. I have to do projects but they are fun. Learn lots, not enough pay

Diverse Company Environment

Verisk Analytics is working at being a more diverse company - supporting minorities, gender/non-gender identification, sexuality, etc.Company is also working at upgrading its various IT infrastructure. While this in itself is a good think, I would give the company an F at communicating changes to non-IT personnel.Benefits are competitive.

Pros

Nice office environmental, but a tough commute to Jersey City; mixed in-office/remote work supported

Cons

Poor communication with ongoing changes to IT infrastructure.

Good team, Good times

My internship and contract work at Verisk was my best job experience to date. My management team was very supportive. We had ping pong tournaments and the whole of the tech department were close knit. They even took me to Utah for a conference. There's a lot of support and worker benefits.

Training program needs improvement

Rigorous training program but poorly administered. 7 months of on and off training but too much down time in between sessions and not enough work to fill the gaps.

Pros

Remote work

Great company with great values and culture.

Good work life balanceRemote Work optionGood BenefitsHave great values and cultureFlexibility in work17 paid leave and floating day off optionEarly checkout option on Friday

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Management Needs to be trained better.

I was at this job for 21 years without any problems and loved the company. Once my last manager became the manager, that's when all the problems started. The problems kept going until he finally got me fired.

Pros

Learning the work is good.

Cons

My last manager was not a good manager.

Management is so great and fair. The management is fair and though There are many departments all managers work together so that they can handle one another’s positions when needed. It’s very professional. It is impressive.

Work life balance was extremely important and I was not disappointed!

I have enjoyed my employment as Verisk. The company culture is outstanding. Management is focused on growth, diversity and inclusion. In these difficult times Verisk has been supportive in employees involved,

Pros

Company car

Cons

Could increase compensation in order to retain current employees

Great benefits, not great at all salary

Management can be trusted, in the sense that the same things will be done over and over. Great benefits (for the US, at least), but management gaslights the field survey staff, trying to make us believe we're getting paid a fair salary. There are a number of field reps that have left for other companies, including some that are customers of Verisk; one of these people is now making a bit over $1000,000/yr. I was even asked to help stop field reps from defecting once.

Pros

Great benefits, work from home close to 100% of the time, have far more control over your day-to-day schedule than is possible at most jobs.

Cons

Don't get paid nearly enough.

Great Benefits. Below Average Pay.

Great Benefits. Below Average Pay. I could quit, get rehired, and make more money. There is no room for advancement as a field rep. The department feels like the red headed step child of the company.

Pros

Great Benefits and PTO

Cons

Pay

Annual Increases were very low

Verisk appears to be a nice company on the outside but once in, it can be very cut throat. The managers dont care for you or try to help you get to the next level. You sacrifice you life their and they give you a 2% annual increase. They state that you will get 7.5% bonus yearly. Dont count on it.

Pros

Game Room and Ping Pong, Work from home

Cons

Training

Interesting work

Great place to work, meet new people conducting on site loss control insurance surveys. Usually 2 days in the field and 3 days in the office writing reports. Management was good, but certain managers didn't have a good overall view of what they were trying to accomplish.

Pros

Quarterly Bonus, independence, flexible schedule, car, insurance gas paid

Cons

Promotional opportunities, bonuses limited

Great Place to Work

I definitely enjoy working here. My manager and coworkers are awesome and has always been very helpful from the moment I started. Great atmosphere as well.

Absolutely unprofessional

Absolute joke of a company. Went for an interview, previous experience at an advance level for the role, interview was nice - basic questions, data extraction test etc. Took them two weeks to tell me that the reason they wouldn’t hire me is because - ‘your shirt was Unironed’Despite the fact the people on the office were dressed casually and looked awful.

Pros

Cons

All of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verisk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Verisk