Victoria University of Wellington
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Victoria University of Wellington Management reviews

New Zealand29 reviews
The most meaningful job with the loveliest management..
Training was complete and fantastic.

Group gathering and opportunities were often arising for more work time.

Very supportive and understanding coordinator.
A typical day at work is jumping into the shuttle to the airport, meeting students and taking them to their accommodation. You will also be expected to help out with orientation and enrollment. This may include leading campus tours, photocopying passports and visas and helping out any students who need it. I learned that it helps to be pro-active in a customer service position.

Management are very friendly and always treated me well. The Victoria International office is an inclusive workplace.

The hardest part is the irregular hours. I often had to pick up students up past midnight and then pick more up early the next morning. Irregular work means this is not a position for those who seek security. It is intended as a part-time job for students.

The most enjoyable parts were meeting people from all over the world and the camaraderie that developed on my team.
The Campus Care Safety team is a new team trying to put people where they fit best.

Unfortunately for myself due to medical condition and an interview which was mainly about my recovery from having dialysis full time.

The work place meets all health and safety rules, and the Management tea, is one of the best I've worked with. The only down fall was the pay system,
Pros
There was always opportunities to do extra work and earn extra money if you are willing to do so.
Cons
There were some staff members that needed to be team players.
data collection and search literature
learn:Expert Excel skill

time management
- Administration based tasks, computer, filing, scanning, photocopying, communicating with students and academic staff, management meetings, managing junior staff
- Management of staff, preparing for meetings, working as a team, tight deadlines
- Great team environment with hard working co-workers

- None, enjoyed every aspect of the job

- Working with an enthusiastic team, supported by great management structure and helping students.
Pros
Working as a team, advancing to team leader, busy with tight deadlines
Most challenging ad interesting part : gaining and maintening the interest of my students => excellent people management exercise!
I was responsible for them and their learning.

Interacting with them and learning from them was amazing.

I also got comfortable with public speaking... very useful skill!