Vodafone logo
Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 75 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,147 reviews

Loved the Manukau enviroment and culture

Initially employed as a contractor for 2 yrs and eventually moved to full time after. A member of multiple teams during my time and gained lots of experience with multiple systems and process. Lots of opportunity to grow if you prepared to do the hard yards. Most managers were awesome . No micronanaging from my experience Had the best team members who took the time to share there knowledge. Worked remotely in last team.

Pros

Team outings, Peope

Cons

A couple of dodgy managers and pay was ok

Micro Management

Was great place to begin with and from there the micro managing from my manager L*&a started. They pay very poorly and the work is unsatisfying and very tedious

Ongoing development and Growth

Loved working for Vodafone, I mostly enjoyed the people, culture and environment. Always a different day in the office, changes throughout the years and some great connections which I have continued to have even with people who have moved on in their careers.

Low Morale

Lack of overall support. Terrible leadership. Poor internal processes that do not support customers, or staff. Most tech/customer services are now off shore.

Pros

You get paid fortnightly.

Cons

Low morale.

Vodafone is a great place to work

I worked as a Service Delivery Consultant for around a year, this role was part of a career progression in the same company. This role was definitely very fast paced, had a lot of customer interactions. It definitely taught me communication skills which are valuable for any other role I going into in the future.

This review was a position held in Christchurch not for the premium business consultant as I was previously employed as

They could’ve given me some kind of refresher but they didn’t after working for Vodafone previously for five years for the position there which still hasn’t been filled I’m glad I didn’t get the job there there seems to be some sort of racial conflict and the reason why I didn’t get the job was due to resolution conflictWhich they could’ve given me a refresher on to up skill me as I’m already aware of the Vodafone culture

Interesting work but culture of management bullying and unhealthy competition

Poor organizational structures and arbitrary/unrealistic deadlines mean that success is always unlikely. Management (not all, but too many) then often use bullying to force the pace - e.g. expecting significant overtime at no extra pay, public humiliation if deadlines are not met, shouting at people in public - and other tactics that are effectively bullying. If you complain, then you are not a team player. Your colleagues therefore often end up working against you in order to help themselves - so competition of the unhealthy kind.

Great

I really enjoyed working with the people there. Their teamwork really is evident in the culture that they embodied. Fun and exciting working environment.

culture and peeks are great

Our customer care team is very family and close nit. help and support is provided by management and staff are great. Management is very approachable. stable hours

Pros

team, managment

Cons

travel time

good place work

very good place to work Good benefits,work life Balance flexible hours,friendly environment free Breakfast, Friday drinks can work from home some time

Jobs at Vodafone

See more jobs

Stressful work environment with no support and a 'get over it' approach.

Frustrating and stressful company to work for, with very poor internal communication and processes. There is nothing in the way of employee protection, and you are expected to sit and be abused by customers with a smile on your face.

Personal growth

Good growth opportunities and great managers who took keen interest in my well being too. Would highly recommend Vodafone. Great benefits too.........

Fun Workplace

Got the most improvement for making sales and the workplace had a good culture presented. Always a helpful team leader that gets you through the day. There were targets that were required to make on the day which was happening. Enjoyed being in a team where we get help and we help others that needed help.

Pros

Shared lunch was always provided

Cons

Late hours was required so the targets did get done

Very well performance from team members

Very good place and great being in a supportive team there. Help is received by Team Members and Team Leaders. Shared lunch always provided. A Commission is received on your sales as well

Pros

Team Lubches

Cons

Hours suitable

Great working enviroment

No day is the same Structured training's and meetings Supported by teams in your area Supportive HR teams Diversity and inclusion is a massive focus. I enjoy the culture, leading teams to over achieve and also the option for career progression.

Good Organisation

Vodafone is a great place to work, by providing employees with flexible ways of working from different locations. It is an innovative organisation promoting technology and is always interested in their employees progress.

Pros

Work culture is great, managers are constructive and supportive. Promotes women in technology.

Great work culture. Helpful management. Uncapped commission. Working hours. Weekends off. Friendly staff Very Close from the train station Understanding Management

Progressive and Learning environment

Progressive and Learning environment, is the key strength where you have the liberty to learn from internal portals and switch role in your own area of interest.

Very Positive workplace and very generous Bosses

Vodafone always put in the priority the welfare of every employees. In terms of the workplace and facilities it is all good but above all every accomplishments is recognized and awarded.

Pros

Incentives is Amazing

Cons

working hours during dawn

Good work environment

The job required developing new business, managing leads and acquiring new businesses. I have always been achieving targets and KPIs. I continuously achieved and exceeded my targets for more than 30 months while working for Vodafone. I learned excellent communication skills which I have acquired over the long selling experience. I can quickly establish rapport with customers and satisfy their needs and close sales. The culture of the company is great. Team environment everyone helping everyone else. The hardest part of the job is when the customer occasionally is not delivered service as promised and expected. Meeting new people every day and getting to know them is the most enjoyable part of the job. Vodafone management is great.

Pros

Good on the job training

Cons

When chorus messes up we get the blame.

Amazing Comapny

Both companies were amazing to work for. Telstra Clear was a fantastic business with a real feel of unity. Everyone felt extremely valued and really felt like they had a purpose within the business. When Vodafone NZ bought the company they continued where Telstra Clear left off and after a bit of a transitional period and a slight restructure the fantastic work continued. Can't fault either company. Salary and bonus was unbelievable and there was plenty of room for progression.
  • Vodafone