Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Vodafone Employee Review

Th company where 100% is never good enough.

2 February 2015
This job does become very repetitive. Although there are many different aspects within this job, a typical day working in a Vodafone store doesn't change much day to day. You set up accounts and advise customers on the most appropriate plan for their needs, look at what they want out of a new phone and advise them appropriately. I found that most managers passed a lot of their work loads on to their 2ICs which became very stressful for them. There were even occasions where reps were given additional tasks to complete each week to help with store runnings (filing contracts, double checking accounts have been set up correctly and completely, then sending these to HR etc). Everyone likes to help but it does at times get to a point when you realise that a lot more is expected of you then what is on your job description. I did enjoy this job very much during the most part of my time with them but found that there was a lot of over promising and under delivering. A lot of staff felt the same way and unfortunately, it is hard to work for a company who push so hard at representing values such as reliability and trust when they can't even show their staff the same courtesy.
Pros
Incentives to win trips away, petrol vouchers and free product. Unlimited company plan.
Cons
Always changing way of management, Repetitive daily routines, A sub-par annual salary and very limited room for pay advancement.
9 February 2021
Set Up Specialist (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Initially employed as a contractor for 2 yrs and eventually moved to full time after. A member of multiple teams during my time and gained lots of experience with multiple systems and process. Lots of opportunity to grow if you prepared to do the hard yards. Most managers were awesome . No micronanaging from my experience Had the best team members who took the time to share there knowledge. Worked remotely in last team.
Pros
Team outings, Peope
Cons
A couple of dodgy managers and pay was ok
8 October 2020
Real Time Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) - Smales Farm, Auckland
Was great place to begin with and from there the micro managing from my manager L*&a started. They pay very poorly and the work is unsatisfying and very tedious
12 March 2020
Same location
Real Time Coordinator (Former Employee) - Vodafone NZ
Loved working for Vodafone, I mostly enjoyed the people, culture and environment. Always a different day in the office, changes throughout the years and some great connections which I have continued to have even with people who have moved on in their careers.
  1. Th company where 100% is never good enough.