Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Vodafone Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland35 reviews
Good growth opportunities and great managers who took keen interest in my well being too. Would highly recommend Vodafone.
Great benefits too.........
very good place to work
Good benefits,work life Balance

flexible hours,friendly environment

free Breakfast, Friday drinks

can work from home some time
Progressive and Learning environment, is the key strength where you have the liberty to learn from internal portals and switch role in your own area of interest.
The job required developing new business, managing leads and acquiring new businesses. I have always been achieving targets and KPIs. I continuously achieved and exceeded my targets for more than 30 months while working for Vodafone. I learned excellent communication skills which I have acquired over the long selling experience. I can quickly establish rapport with customers and satisfy their needs and close sales. The culture of the company is great. Team environment everyone helping everyone else. The hardest part of the job is when the customer occasionally is not delivered service as promised and expected. Meeting new people every day and getting to know them is the most enjoyable part of the job. Vodafone management is great.
Pros
Good on the job training
Cons
When chorus messes up we get the blame.
Both companies were amazing to work for. Telstra Clear was a fantastic business with a real feel of unity. Everyone felt extremely valued and really felt like they had a purpose within the business. When Vodafone NZ bought the company they continued where Telstra Clear left off and after a bit of a transitional period and a slight restructure the fantastic work continued. Can't fault either company. Salary and bonus was unbelievable and there was plenty of room for progression.
I enjoyed working there at vodafone as a customer service rep. I believe they really look after the employees. Feeling spoilt as a staff member made me feel so proud to work for Vodafone NZ.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Customers are rude
A typical work day would include: Arriving at the office with a strict 8am start. Getting yourself organised and sorting out what needs to be accomplished that day. Telecommunications throughout the day and ending with an overview with your team/manager.

I learned how to communicate with customers on a professional level, meeting targets by excelling in sales techniques and learning product knowledge.

The hardest part of this job would have to of been dealing with unhappy customers. As for the most enjoyable part, dealing with satisfied customers.
Pros
Challenges, satisfying customers and the team
Cons
long hours, unhappy customers
It's a relaxed environment with good benefits. Fullfilment is dependent on the type of manager you get, most atimes you end up with a good team. great place to work!
Everyday is different surrounded with various challenges.
Customer satisfaction has always been the priority for this job.

Management is great and always there to assist you.

Working with different culture has been a great experience. It was like a second home to me. I made lots of friends.

You get different challenges every day which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Health Insurance, free phone, Bonus, Good Pay
Cons
Apart from the odd idiot, and long term contractors just clipping their ticket, the place was amazing. Management and staff all committed and knew what they were doing.
Pros
Amazing people and such a laugh everyday
Cons
Moving location and reorganisations
Typical day involved working on test scripts for porting of mobile numbers between carriers as part of a project team on so called 'project SAM" work was repetitive but rewarding
Pros
well paid contract
Cons
repetitive work
I enjoy working here but I am Irish and would like to see more of my family in Ireland. the jobs is engaging and a great leaning experience. I have worked in the same team for 10 years but keep being challenged.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
relocation to North Shore Auckland in inconvenient
Enjoyed the casual culture allowing jeans as part of the dress code.
Had the pleasure to rationalize commission schemes for the national sales team in order to deliver transparency and clarity with regards to sales performance and commission payments.
Pros
Regular celebrations, great vibe, positive atmosphere
Cons
Excellent client location and fun place and people to work with. Not only people but also different work experience on product configuration and customization.
Team work was really emphasised at this place, they were very involved with there staff members. Job was a fun environment and made good friends. The Job was also a fun environment
Collaborative work culture. A fun loving place where success is celebrated and an individual's work is respected. Focus on productivity and simplification of work
Pros
Free Lunches, phone, internet
Cons
Complex systems
A typical work day in the at Vodafone varied .. which made each day challenging and exciting!

Work culture was incredible!!! #workhard #playhard

Would definitely work for Vodafone again, it was an awesome brand that I was proud to work for.
You get to see all the cricket matches for free with a couple of beers and front row seats. Any where in NZ it is our duty to hold a glitch free cricket match. How cool is Christchurch stadium you ask me??? AMAZING, set near the hills and the serene beauty that NZ has to offer.
Vodofone in New Zealand was the first to introduce hot desking , open plan workspaces, break out areas, collaberation spaces and paperless office. This environment frees you from the cube and the org chart and allows better collaboration and working environment. I worked on a lot of new products in the enterprise and consumer space and enjoyed the poeple. Corprate communications was very good so everyone always knew what was going on , how the business was doing and what the strategy was. I would recommend this as a place to work.
Pros
Good collaborative environment
Job responsibilities include:
 Processing broadband & home phone service requests

 Providing outstanding customer service

 Answering billing queries by customers

 Ensuring all our customers are happy with the services they are getting

 Communicating with other Vodafone departments so customers receive minimal disruption with their services

 Offering native language speakers for customers who request it so proper solutions are given

 I also did volunteer work for other departments including technical support, provisioning and relocations in order to gain necessary skills for career development.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
long wait times on the phone all day
good company to work for to gain experience if you are young
time management is lacking

fragmented workforce due to restructure