Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Job Security & Advancement reviews

Initially employed as a contractor for 2 yrs and eventually moved to full time after. A member of multiple teams during my time and gained lots of experience with multiple systems and process. Lots of opportunity to grow if you prepared to do the hard yards. Most managers were awesome . No micronanaging from my experience Had the best team members who took the time to share there knowledge. Worked remotely in last team.
Pros
Team outings, Peope
Cons
A couple of dodgy managers and pay was ok
Loved working for Vodafone, I mostly enjoyed the people, culture and environment. Always a different day in the office, changes throughout the years and some great connections which I have continued to have even with people who have moved on in their careers.
I worked as a Service Delivery Consultant for around a year, this role was part of a career progression in the same company. This role was definitely very fast paced, had a lot of customer interactions. It definitely taught me communication skills which are valuable for any other role I going into in the future.
They could’ve given me some kind of refresher but they didn’t after working for Vodafone previously for five years for the position there which still hasn’t been filled I’m glad I didn’t get the job there there seems to be some sort of racial conflict and the reason why I didn’t get the job was due to resolution conflictWhich they could’ve given me a refresher on to up skill me as I’m already aware of the Vodafone culture
Good growth opportunities and great managers who took keen interest in my well being too. Would highly recommend Vodafone. Great benefits too.........
No day is the same Structured training's and meetings Supported by teams in your area Supportive HR teams Diversity and inclusion is a massive focus. I enjoy the culture, leading teams to over achieve and also the option for career progression.
Vodafone is a great place to work, by providing employees with flexible ways of working from different locations. It is an innovative organisation promoting technology and is always interested in their employees progress.
Pros
Work culture is great, managers are constructive and supportive. Promotes women in technology.
Progressive and Learning environment, is the key strength where you have the liberty to learn from internal portals and switch role in your own area of interest.
Great place to work in, productive and friendly staff, fun place to be in. Vodafone is one of the leading telecommunication companies in New Zealand which offers their services in mobiles, Fixed line & Broadband(ADSL,VDSL), Fibre. They put their customers first and works to deliver their best services for them. Along with handsome salaries all employees are given free company mobile and bill is taken care by the company. They have activity rooms,indoor sports rooms which employees can use as stress Busters and to refresh themselves. Overall this company is a great place to work in with a great scope of advancement in career.
Pros
free fruits, beverages, pizzas and weekly perks for outstanding performance of employees
A well known company globally, good salary with secured future. security level is above average, friendly environment, i did volunteer job and impressed by management team. highly recommended.
Job responsibilities include:  Processing broadband & home phone service requests  Providing outstanding customer service  Answering billing queries by customers  Ensuring all our customers are happy with the services they are getting  Communicating with other Vodafone departments so customers receive minimal disruption with their services  Offering native language speakers for customers who request it so proper solutions are given  I also did volunteer work for other departments including technical support, provisioning and relocations in order to gain necessary skills for career development.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
long wait times on the phone all day
I get to explore new technology and my co-workers are technically knowledgeable, everyday is different. I've always enjoy to explore a lot of things and get to go to trainings that enhance our knowledge
Cons
contractual work
good company to work for to gain experience if you are young time management is lacking fragmented workforce due to restructure
This job does become very repetitive. Although there are many different aspects within this job, a typical day working in a Vodafone store doesn't change much day to day. You set up accounts and advise customers on the most appropriate plan for their needs, look at what they want out of a new phone and advise them appropriately. I found that most managers passed a lot of their work loads on to their 2ICs which became very stressful for them. There were even occasions where reps were given additional tasks to complete each week to help with store runnings (filing contracts, double checking accounts have been set up correctly and completely, then sending these to HR etc). Everyone likes to help but it does at times get to a point when you realise that a lot more is expected of you then what is on your job description. I did enjoy this job very much during the most part of my time with them but found that there was a lot of over promising and under delivering. A lot of staff felt the same way and unfortunately, it is hard to work for a company who push so hard at representing values such as reliability and trust when they can't even show their staff the same courtesy.
Pros
Incentives to win trips away, petrol vouchers and free product. Unlimited company plan.
Cons
Always changing way of management, Repetitive daily routines, A sub-par annual salary and very limited room for pay advancement.
It has always been fun to work at all work places. I have learned lot of skills through out my journey from CSR to a TL. Management has always been very supportive in my Career development. My Co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. I never had any hard time in either of the company.
Pros
more breaks
I am enjoying my time at Vodafone New Zealand, I have gain a lot of skills, knowledge and experience from the short period I have work for the company. Vodafone has given me a door to a career I've always wanted but was not sure how to start.
Pros
Different opportunities to work on different development in the company.
Cons
Location don't suit me as I live in South Auckland and I find it difficult to travel.
working for Vodafone Nz was a great learning experience,the environment was very professional and great team work.
Pros
free goodies, lunches, ability to learn new things
Cons
travelling
I learnt that saying too much or too little is never the key to a succeful day its the listeneing and skills you gain that make it worth the working experience