Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Management reviews

New Zealand71 reviews
culture and peeks are great
Our customer care team is very family and close nit.
help and support is provided by management and staff are great. Management is very approachable. stable hours
Pros
team, managment
Cons
travel time
Low Morale
Lack of overall support. Terrible leadership. Poor internal processes that do not support customers, or staff. Most tech/customer services are now off shore.
Pros
You get paid fortnightly.
Cons
Low morale.
Interesting work but culture of management bullying and unhealthy competition
Poor organizational structures and arbitrary/unrealistic deadlines mean that success is always unlikely. Management (not all, but too many) then often use bullying to force the pace - e.g. expecting significant overtime at no extra pay, public humiliation if deadlines are not met, shouting at people in public - and other tactics that are effectively bullying. If you complain, then you are not a team player.

Your colleagues therefore often end up working against you in order to help themselves - so competition of the unhealthy kind.
Stressful work environment with no support and a 'get over it' approach.
Frustrating and stressful company to work for, with very poor internal communication and processes. There is nothing in the way of employee protection, and you are expected to sit and be abused by customers with a smile on your face.
Great work culture.
Helpful management.
Uncapped commission.

Working hours.

Weekends off.

Friendly staff

Very Close from the train station

Understanding Management
Good work environment
The job required developing new business, managing leads and acquiring new businesses. I have always been achieving targets and KPIs. I continuously achieved and exceeded my targets for more than 30 months while working for Vodafone. I learned excellent communication skills which I have acquired over the long selling experience. I can quickly establish rapport with customers and satisfy their needs and close sales. The culture of the company is great. Team environment everyone helping everyone else. The hardest part of the job is when the customer occasionally is not delivered service as promised and expected. Meeting new people every day and getting to know them is the most enjoyable part of the job. Vodafone management is great.
Pros
Good on the job training
Cons
When chorus messes up we get the blame.
good work place, friendly environment
A well known company globally, good salary with secured future. security level is above average, friendly environment, i did volunteer job and impressed by management team. highly recommended.
Best Place to learn
Everyday is different surrounded with various challenges.
Customer satisfaction has always been the priority for this job.

Management is great and always there to assist you.
Working with different culture has been a great experience. It was like a second home to me. I made lots of friends.

You get different challenges every day which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Health Insurance, free phone, Bonus, Good Pay
Cons
The most amazing place to work
Apart from the odd idiot, and long term contractors just clipping their ticket, the place was amazing. Management and staff all committed and knew what they were doing.
Pros
Amazing people and such a laugh everyday
Cons
Moving location and reorganisations
fun evironment too work
fun environment too work good at all time , management was ok
Exposure to new cut edge technology
the social activity and games on friday

the food and snacks
Pros
social activity
Cons
long hourssometime
Awesome place
what an amazing place I worked for, I learned how to deal with pressure and how to solve problems, management was great was always developing and motivating people to do better ,hardest part was to meet targets and most enjoyable part was that I could eventually be a sales person.
Pros
commission
Cons
too far to drive
Good team atmosphere
Overall ****
Enjoyed working at VFNZ in 2 or 3 closely-related positions.

Management friendly and professional in the main.
Coworkers in my teams were very easy to get on with, good social atmosphere.

Unfortunately was made redundant after several years.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Occasional unexpected/unplanned long overtime required
large corporate mentality
good company to work for to gain experience if you are young
time management is lacking
fragmented workforce due to restructure
Great Location with an onsite cafe
Very busy role as I was based in an Inbound/Outbound call center servicing all types of customers and stakeholders.
Working as a team achieved excellent results.

Good management style with an open door policy and recognize achievements.
Great team as we communicated all the time.

Getting management reports done on time.

Interacting with customers, stakeholders and colleagues from different teams made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
short lunch times
It was a relaxed job with great people aroud.
It was a good job that I enjoyed going to everyday because of the good environment that was there. The management team there was good and had a lot of hard workers at Vodafone. It wasn't really a hard job but I had to leave to come to Australia but I wasn't there long enough to see the struggles of the job.
Pros
Shared lunch every fridays.
Helping customers do their thing better.
• Solving customer queries and problems, connecting them to Vodafone products and services that meet their needs.
• Complaints management and resolving.
• Exceed service and performance targets.

• Working and motivating within a fantastic fun team.

• Pushing myself to be the best that I can be within my team.

• Solving problems and taking care of people.

• Providing customers with quick answers, smart solutions and simpler ways to do things.

• Adding Value to every customer question, going the extra mile to exceed our customer expectations.

• Using Wireline tool to check Chorus’s Wholesale network, to be able to carry out submitting order directly to Chorus; Reserve PSTN numbers; Verify Address Details; Query Address information; Check Exchanges; Submit Failed Self Installs; Reschedule an OTT prior to Ready For Service (RFS) date.

• Contributing to motivate my team in what we can do to be the best.

• Feedback & Complaints Management. Investigating Details and Possible Resolutions for a Complaint.

• Basic Technical trouble-shooting for Mobile and Fixed Landline

• Using own ingenuity to be resourceful, solve problems and be inventive with our customers
Pros
Fantastic offices
Cons
None.
Average place to work with some pros and some cons
Go to work on a rotating schedule, select faults out of a queue, enjoy the company of work colleagues, restore as many services as possible for as many customers as possible within any given 8 hours.
Pros
Working with a variety of technology
Cons
Management...didn't know how to deal with people
Th company where 100% is never good enough.
This job does become very repetitive. Although there are many different aspects within this job, a typical day working in a Vodafone store doesn't change much day to day.
You set up accounts and advise customers on the most appropriate plan for their needs, look at what they want out of a new phone and advise them appropriately.

I found that most managers passed a lot of their work loads on to their 2ICs which became very stressful for them. There were even occasions where reps were given additional tasks to complete each week to help with store runnings (filing contracts, double checking accounts have been set up correctly and completely, then sending these to HR etc). Everyone likes to help but it does at times get to a point when you realise that a lot more is expected of you then what is on your job description.

I did enjoy this job very much during the most part of my time with them but found that there was a lot of over promising and under delivering. A lot of staff felt the same way and unfortunately, it is hard to work for a company who push so hard at representing values such as reliability and trust when they can't even show their staff the same courtesy.
Pros
Incentives to win trips away, petrol vouchers and free product. Unlimited company plan.
Cons
Always changing way of management, Repetitive daily routines, A sub-par annual salary and very limited room for pay advancement.
It has always been fun to work at all work places. I have learned lot of skills through out my journey from CSR to a TL. Management has always been very supportive in my Career development. My Co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. I never had any hard time in either of the company.
Pros
more breaks
Enterprising, engaging and leading-edge work place
Fabulous Team-Player environment, monthly and event-based rewards were highly motivating, discovered excellent phone skills, diplomacy, new network knowledge, business-business negotation skills; Average day was never average, always a surprise what the day held; Supportive management and focused on enhancement of individual sales, marketing and customer experience values; Hardest aspect was self-control and handling unhappy or dissapointed customers and the opportunity to reolve complex issues was thoroughly rewarding;
Pros
Corporate Events, Product evenings, Sporting Sponsorship openings;
Cons
Sometimes not meeting customer expectations, costs or time spent sometimes lead to overall disapointments;