Vodafone logo
Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Found 75 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,127 reviews

Loved the Manukau enviroment and culture

Initially employed as a contractor for 2 yrs and eventually moved to full time after. A member of multiple teams during my time and gained lots of experience with multiple systems and process. Lots of opportunity to grow if you prepared to do the hard yards. Most managers were awesome . No micronanaging from my experience Had the best team members who took the time to share there knowledge. Worked remotely in last team.

Pros

Team outings, Peope

Cons

A couple of dodgy managers and pay was ok

A progressive and innovative workplace

Vodofone in New Zealand was the first to introduce hot desking , open plan workspaces, break out areas, collaberation spaces and paperless office. This environment frees you from the cube and the org chart and allows better collaboration and working environment. I worked on a lot of new products in the enterprise and consumer space and enjoyed the poeple. Corprate communications was very good so everyone always knew what was going on , how the business was doing and what the strategy was. I would recommend this as a place to work.

Pros

Good collaborative environment

Entry Level Mechanic

Good place to work apart from the bosses can be very demanding and hard to understand. They do cheap work for people that cannot really afford to get there car fixed.

Productive and fun workplace

Job responsibilities include:  Processing broadband & home phone service requests  Providing outstanding customer service  Answering billing queries by customers  Ensuring all our customers are happy with the services they are getting  Communicating with other Vodafone departments so customers receive minimal disruption with their services  Offering native language speakers for customers who request it so proper solutions are given  I also did volunteer work for other departments including technical support, provisioning and relocations in order to gain necessary skills for career development.

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

long wait times on the phone all day

Awesome place

what an amazing place I worked for, I learned how to deal with pressure and how to solve problems, management was great was always developing and motivating people to do better ,hardest part was to meet targets and most enjoyable part was that I could eventually be a sales person.

Pros

commission

Cons

too far to drive

Good team atmosphere

Overall **** Enjoyed working at VFNZ in 2 or 3 closely-related positions. Management friendly and professional in the main. Coworkers in my teams were very easy to get on with, good social atmosphere. Unfortunately was made redundant after several years.

Pros

Professional atmosphere

Cons

Occasional unexpected/unplanned long overtime required

very productive and a fun workplace

I get to explore new technology and my co-workers are technically knowledgeable, everyday is different. I've always enjoy to explore a lot of things and get to go to trainings that enhance our knowledge

Cons

contractual work

Fun and Encouraging workplace

Great team environment, the support you get is amazing. There were heaps of technical information that needed to be learnt for this role, in which they helped us all (about 15 of us) achieve what we needed to achieve to do our jobs efficiently. Great Job although the location wasn't suited. Loved working here! Even got to see Che Fu at the Christmas party!!

Pros

Free Lunches, Approachable Team Leaders

Cons

Very Technical Learning

My experience working at Vodafone as been overall, enjoyable

A typical day consists of assisting customers with mobile billing and technical enquiries. I undertook a week of technical training at the beginning of the year which has given me a better understanding of how a mobile network runs, how to troubleshoot a range of phone, network and wireless internet problems. The hardest part of the job are the shift hours, being on a twilight shift means the earliest I start is midday, and the latest I finish is midnight. Due to my technical training, most of my shifts are placed later in the day which is not ideal for me as it does impact on my personal life.

Pros

free cake once a month for birthdays, free fruit once a week, positive work environment, approachable team leaders, fairly relaxed environment

Cons

the late shifts, dealing with difficult or abusive customers can wear you down

large corporate mentality

good company to work for to gain experience if you are young time management is lacking fragmented workforce due to restructure

Jobs at Vodafone

See more jobs

Customer Service Consultant

Love the people I work with and also supportive and easy to talk too or approachable managers at Vodafone. I have learnt alot and picked up skills where I can take elsewhere. Fun place and always busy from start to the beginning. Love and miss Vodafone.

Pros

Supportive Team

Cons

Leaving Vodafone

Fun Place to work

Vodafone was a great work place. I was part of a great team (Twilight). We worked together & shared ideas. Awesome managers 😊😊 they looked after us all. Vodafone will always be on top of my list as one of very best work place. I was with the company from 2010-2014

Pros

Cultrual activities

knowing how to cope underpressure...

A typical day at work with Vodafone... Being around co-workers who know what type of work load you share and having that encouraging colleague that would uplift you during the day, at Vodafone it was intense with calls flowing through, especially with customers abusing you over the phone. You would have to be calm and know how to cope and resolving queries in any difficult situations, in a timely professional manner. The hardest part of the job was dealing with arrogant customers especially when your day would be full on. What makes the day enjoyable to hear from partner and knowing his day is well.

Pros

shared lunches, team games.

Cons

Fun place to work Friendly people Easy place to advance Great Diversity I love working for Vodafone however I am wanting a lifestyle change and Northland is where I'd love to be

Loved working at VODAFONE NZ

Awesome place very nice working enviroments was based in Viaduct HO than relocated to Smales Farm. Great benefits and incentives. We have TOP GUN where u collect point from your TL with your months performance and challenges than once a month u get to go bid on awesome products with your collegues in a auction. Great people. Only reason leaving is distance from where i live.

Pros

Benefits/Incentives/people/working enviromnt

Cons

Great Location with an onsite cafe

Very busy role as I was based in an Inbound/Outbound call center servicing all types of customers and stakeholders. Working as a team achieved excellent results. Good management style with an open door policy and recognize achievements. Great team as we communicated all the time. Getting management reports done on time. Interacting with customers, stakeholders and colleagues from different teams made the job enjoyable.

Pros

Cafe on site

Cons

short lunch times

It was a great learning experience working at Vodafone New Zealand. As i new in the country it made me feel at home to work with great co-workers who extended help at every step.

It was a relaxed job with great people aroud.

It was a good job that I enjoyed going to everyday because of the good environment that was there. The management team there was good and had a lot of hard workers at Vodafone. It wasn't really a hard job but I had to leave to come to Australia but I wasn't there long enough to see the struggles of the job.

Pros

Shared lunch every fridays.

Helping customers do their thing better.

• Solving customer queries and problems, connecting them to Vodafone products and services that meet their needs. • Complaints management and resolving. • Exceed service and performance targets. • Working and motivating within a fantastic fun team. • Pushing myself to be the best that I can be within my team. • Solving problems and taking care of people. • Providing customers with quick answers, smart solutions and simpler ways to do things. • Adding Value to every customer question, going the extra mile to exceed our customer expectations. • Using Wireline tool to check Chorus’s Wholesale network, to be able to carry out submitting order directly to Chorus; Reserve PSTN numbers; Verify Address Details; Query Address information; Check Exchanges; Submit Failed Self Installs; Reschedule an OTT prior to Ready For Service (RFS) date. • Contributing to motivate my team in what we can do to be the best. • Feedback & Complaints Management. Investigating Details and Possible Resolutions for a Complaint. • Basic Technical trouble-shooting for Mobile and Fixed Landline • Using own ingenuity to be resourceful, solve problems and be inventive with our customers

Pros

Fantastic offices

Cons

None.

Average place to work with some pros and some cons

Go to work on a rotating schedule, select faults out of a queue, enjoy the company of work colleagues, restore as many services as possible for as many customers as possible within any given 8 hours.

Pros

Working with a variety of technology

Cons

Management...didn't know how to deal with people

Busy, fast paced, action packed

Lots of meetings based project work Involved across many projects Hot desking is a downfall as no set desk space to make your own and isnt easy to find others

Pros

Right by the Viaduct for a walk by the boats at lunch

Cons

Hot desking
  • Vodafone