Vodafone Employee Reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 4,861 reviews
My experience working at Vodafone as been overall, enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland Harbour, Auckland3 April 2016
A typical day consists of assisting customers with mobile billing and technical enquiries. I undertook a week of technical training at the beginning of the year which has given me a better understanding of how a mobile network runs, how to troubleshoot a range of phone, network and wireless internet problems.
The hardest part of the job are the shift hours, being on a twilight shift means the earliest I start is midday, and the latest I finish is midnight. Due to my technical training, most of my shifts are placed later in the day which is not ideal for me as it does impact on my personal life.
Pros
free cake once a month for birthdays, free fruit once a week, positive work environment, approachable team leaders, fairly relaxed environment
Cons
the late shifts, dealing with difficult or abusive customers can wear you down
large corporate mentality
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 February 2016
good company to work for to gain experience if you are young
time management is lacking
fragmented workforce due to restructure
Customer Service Consultant
Customer Service Consultant - Mobile (Former Employee) –  Auckland30 September 2015
Love the people I work with and also supportive and easy to talk too or approachable managers at Vodafone. I have learnt alot and picked up skills where I can take elsewhere. Fun place and always busy from start to the beginning. Love and miss Vodafone.
Pros
Supportive Team
Cons
Leaving Vodafone
Fun Place to work
Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  GSR & Venue22 September 2015
Vodafone was a great work place. I was part of a great team (Twilight). We worked together & shared ideas. Awesome managers 😊😊 they looked after us all. Vodafone will always be on top of my list as one of very best work place. I was with the company from 2010-2014
Pros
Cultrual activities
knowing how to cope underpressure...
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vodafone viaduct.19 August 2015
A typical day at work with Vodafone...

Being around co-workers who know what type of work load you share and having that encouraging colleague that would uplift you during the day, at Vodafone it was intense with calls flowing through, especially with customers abusing you over the phone.

You would have to be calm and know how to cope and resolving queries in any difficult situations, in a timely professional manner. The hardest part of the job was dealing with arrogant customers especially when your day would be full on.

What makes the day enjoyable to hear from partner and knowing his day is well.
Pros
shared lunches, team games.
Cons
Team Manager/Contact Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland13 August 2015
Fun place to work
Friendly people
Easy place to advance
Great Diversity

I love working for Vodafone however I am wanting a lifestyle change and Northland is where I'd love to be
Loved working at VODAFONE NZ
Retention (Former Employee) –  Smales farm/ Viaduct21 July 2015
Awesome place very nice working enviroments was based in Viaduct HO than relocated to Smales Farm.

Great benefits and incentives. We have TOP GUN where u collect point from your TL with your months performance and challenges than once a month u get to go bid on awesome products with your collegues in a auction.

Great people. Only reason leaving is distance from where i live.
Pros
Benefits/Incentives/people/working enviromnt
Cons
Great Location with an onsite cafe
Collections Specialist/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N30 June 2015
Very busy role as I was based in an Inbound/Outbound call center servicing all types of customers and stakeholders.
Working as a team achieved excellent results.
Good management style with an open door policy and recognize achievements.
Great team as we communicated all the time.
Getting management reports done on time.
Interacting with customers, stakeholders and colleagues from different teams made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Cafe on site
Cons
short lunch times
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 April 2015
It was a great learning experience working at Vodafone New Zealand. As i new in the country it made me feel at home to work with great co-workers who extended help at every step.
It was a relaxed job with great people aroud.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand27 March 2015
It was a good job that I enjoyed going to everyday because of the good environment that was there. The management team there was good and had a lot of hard workers at Vodafone. It wasn't really a hard job but I had to leave to come to Australia but I wasn't there long enough to see the struggles of the job.
Pros
Shared lunch every fridays.
Helping customers do their thing better.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand13 March 2015
• Solving customer queries and problems, connecting them to Vodafone products and services that meet their needs.
• Complaints management and resolving.
• Exceed service and performance targets.
• Working and motivating within a fantastic fun team.
• Pushing myself to be the best that I can be within my team.
• Solving problems and taking care of people.
• Providing customers with quick answers, smart solutions and simpler ways to do things.
• Adding Value to every customer question, going the extra mile to exceed our customer expectations.
• Using Wireline tool to check Chorus’s Wholesale network, to be able to carry out submitting order directly to Chorus; Reserve PSTN numbers; Verify Address Details; Query Address information; Check Exchanges; Submit Failed Self Installs; Reschedule an OTT prior to Ready For Service (RFS) date.
• Contributing to motivate my team in what we can do to be the best.
• Feedback & Complaints Management. Investigating Details and Possible Resolutions for a Complaint.
• Basic Technical trouble-shooting for Mobile and Fixed Landline
• Using own ingenuity to be resourceful, solve problems and be inventive with our customers
Pros
Fantastic offices
Cons
None.
Average place to work with some pros and some cons
Complex Faults Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N9 March 2015
Go to work on a rotating schedule, select faults out of a queue, enjoy the company of work colleagues, restore as many services as possible for as many customers as possible within any given 8 hours.
Pros
Working with a variety of technology
Cons
Management...didn't know how to deal with people
Busy, fast paced, action packed
Team training and development (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 March 2015
Lots of meetings based project work
Involved across many projects
Hot desking is a downfall as no set desk space to make your own and isnt easy to find others
Pros
Right by the Viaduct for a walk by the boats at lunch
Cons
Hot desking
Th company where 100% is never good enough.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand2 February 2015
This job does become very repetitive. Although there are many different aspects within this job, a typical day working in a Vodafone store doesn't change much day to day.
You set up accounts and advise customers on the most appropriate plan for their needs, look at what they want out of a new phone and advise them appropriately.
I found that most managers passed a lot of their work loads on to their 2ICs which became very stressful for them. There were even occasions where reps were given additional tasks to complete each week to help with store runnings (filing contracts, double checking accounts have been set up correctly and completely, then sending these to HR etc). Everyone likes to help but it does at times get to a point when you realise that a lot more is expected of you then what is on your job description.

I did enjoy this job very much during the most part of my time with them but found that there was a lot of over promising and under delivering. A lot of staff felt the same way and unfortunately, it is hard to work for a company who push so hard at representing values such as reliability and trust when they can't even show their staff the same courtesy.
Pros
Incentives to win trips away, petrol vouchers and free product. Unlimited company plan.
Cons
Always changing way of management, Repetitive daily routines, A sub-par annual salary and very limited room for pay advancement.
Complaint Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 February 2015
It has always been fun to work at all work places. I have learned lot of skills through out my journey from CSR to a TL. Management has always been very supportive in my Career development. My Co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. I never had any hard time in either of the company.
Pros
more breaks
Fun and innovative environment
New & Move Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auckland City24 October 2014
I am enjoying my time at Vodafone New Zealand, I have gain a lot of skills, knowledge and experience from the short period I have work for the company.
Vodafone has given me a door to a career I've always wanted but was not sure how to start.
Pros
Different opportunities to work on different development in the company.
Cons
Location don't suit me as I live in South Auckland and I find it difficult to travel.
Target Focused
Customer Service, Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Penrose14 August 2014
Here at Vodafone I get to take inbound as well as making outbound calls. I sign up new customers and re-sign existing customers for land-line and broadband packages as well as mobile packages.

I upgrade customer's plans to ones which offers them more value for money and more benefits and services.

I learned that when I speak to an angry customer that it is not personal and all the customer needs is for someone to listen and re-assurance that I will do my best to make them happy.

I also learned how to close sales more efficiently and on the spot. Working with a team not only taught me compete with my own personal best but taught me what a friendly competition is. As a team we work towards a team's target therefore we teach each-other all sales ticks but at the same time we like to achieve our own personal targets and that's where the fun and more really is!

The hardest part I found is learning that in sales we have great calls and sometimes a calls or two aren't so good, and the trick is just to learn from it and move on to the next amazing call!
Pros
Free Parking, Fun Auctions
Cons
Moving to Smales Farm soon
productive and great learniing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie,Auckland12 August 2014
working for Vodafone Nz was a great learning experience,the environment was very professional and great team work.
Pros
free goodies, lunches, ability to learn new things
Cons
travelling
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Viaduct Auckland22 March 2014
Co-workers are so cool
Learned all key tasks of the team
Employees are free to give new ideas
Pros
free snack
Enterprising, engaging and leading-edge work place
Customer Relations Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD11 March 2014
Fabulous Team-Player environment, monthly and event-based rewards were highly motivating, discovered excellent phone skills, diplomacy, new network knowledge, business-business negotation skills; Average day was never average, always a surprise what the day held; Supportive management and focused on enhancement of individual sales, marketing and customer experience values; Hardest aspect was self-control and handling unhappy or dissapointed customers and the opportunity to reolve complex issues was thoroughly rewarding;
Pros
Corporate Events, Product evenings, Sporting Sponsorship openings;
Cons
Sometimes not meeting customer expectations, costs or time spent sometimes lead to overall disapointments;

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K