Vodafone
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Vodafone Employee Reviews

Initially employed as a contractor for 2 yrs and eventually moved to full time after. A member of multiple teams during my time and gained lots of experience with multiple systems and process. Lots of opportunity to grow if you prepared to do the hard yards. Most managers were awesome . No micronanaging from my experience Had the best team members who took the time to share there knowledge. Worked remotely in last team.
Pros
Team outings, Peope
Cons
A couple of dodgy managers and pay was ok
This job does become very repetitive. Although there are many different aspects within this job, a typical day working in a Vodafone store doesn't change much day to day. You set up accounts and advise customers on the most appropriate plan for their needs, look at what they want out of a new phone and advise them appropriately. I found that most managers passed a lot of their work loads on to their 2ICs which became very stressful for them. There were even occasions where reps were given additional tasks to complete each week to help with store runnings (filing contracts, double checking accounts have been set up correctly and completely, then sending these to HR etc). Everyone likes to help but it does at times get to a point when you realise that a lot more is expected of you then what is on your job description. I did enjoy this job very much during the most part of my time with them but found that there was a lot of over promising and under delivering. A lot of staff felt the same way and unfortunately, it is hard to work for a company who push so hard at representing values such as reliability and trust when they can't even show their staff the same courtesy.
Pros
Incentives to win trips away, petrol vouchers and free product. Unlimited company plan.
Cons
Always changing way of management, Repetitive daily routines, A sub-par annual salary and very limited room for pay advancement.
It has always been fun to work at all work places. I have learned lot of skills through out my journey from CSR to a TL. Management has always been very supportive in my Career development. My Co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. I never had any hard time in either of the company.
Pros
more breaks
overall company is alright but not stable hours. plus the culture of the organization is not happy or fun
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I am enjoying my time at Vodafone New Zealand, I have gain a lot of skills, knowledge and experience from the short period I have work for the company. Vodafone has given me a door to a career I've always wanted but was not sure how to start.
Pros
Different opportunities to work on different development in the company.
Cons
Location don't suit me as I live in South Auckland and I find it difficult to travel.
Here at Vodafone I get to take inbound as well as making outbound calls. I sign up new customers and re-sign existing customers for land-line and broadband packages as well as mobile packages. I upgrade customer's plans to ones which offers them more value for money and more benefits and services. I learned that when I speak to an angry customer that it is not personal and all the customer needs is for someone to listen and re-assurance that I will do my best to make them happy. I also learned how to close sales more efficiently and on the spot. Working with a team not only taught me compete with my own personal best but taught me what a friendly competition is. As a team we work towards a team's target therefore we teach each-other all sales ticks but at the same time we like to achieve our own personal targets and that's where the fun and more really is! The hardest part I found is learning that in sales we have great calls and sometimes a calls or two aren't so good, and the trick is just to learn from it and move on to the next amazing call!
Pros
Free Parking, Fun Auctions
Cons
Moving to Smales Farm soon
working for Vodafone Nz was a great learning experience,the environment was very professional and great team work.
Pros
free goodies, lunches, ability to learn new things
Cons
travelling
I learnt that saying too much or too little is never the key to a succeful day its the listeneing and skills you gain that make it worth the working experience
Co-workers are so cool Learned all key tasks of the team Employees are free to give new ideas
Pros
free snack
Fabulous Team-Player environment, monthly and event-based rewards were highly motivating, discovered excellent phone skills, diplomacy, new network knowledge, business-business negotation skills; Average day was never average, always a surprise what the day held; Supportive management and focused on enhancement of individual sales, marketing and customer experience values; Hardest aspect was self-control and handling unhappy or dissapointed customers and the opportunity to reolve complex issues was thoroughly rewarding;
Pros
Corporate Events, Product evenings, Sporting Sponsorship openings;
Cons
Sometimes not meeting customer expectations, costs or time spent sometimes lead to overall disapointments;
Nice and friendly enviorment. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Hardest part of job was to work at late night shifts. Working with Vodafone was enjoyable.
Pros
Nothing much
Cons
There were no friday evening relaxation parties
When I was working as a customer service as well as retail sale in vodafone I find it really easy how I searve the customers with what they expecting buy explaining them about every different product for mobiles the company selling
Pros
Cons
8 hours a day
Everyday was full on. Learnt something new everyday. I can honestly say i never got bord. Surrounded by great supportive staff. I am a people person and being customer obsessed certainly made my time at vodafone very enjoyable.
Energising place to work where you constantly learn new products and services.
1 when i was cut by the dog.2 good communication and knowing new zealand people.3helpful mangement.4 co- worker was very good and also cooperative.5 to work 5 days and attend 3 days college.6when signing up customer.
Pros
free travelling
Cons
working 5 days with no basic salary.