Waikato District Health Board Employee Reviews

Be fair to everyone, Eliminate social Discrimination
RN (Former Employee) –  Orthopedics3 August 2019
Respect your employee to be respected
No one should be a victim of prejudice and social Discrimination.
Everyone should be treated with respect and fairness
Nobody should show his supremacy and rudeness.
everyone needs to think individually not collectively to make a decision
show Respect and Love to everyone,fight RACISM.
Hard work and low wage
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waikato15 June 2019
Team leader barely around. No support to gain professional development when you are only admin staff. Only paid living wage for specialized position. Low staff morale after many culture checks.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Very low wage.
Supportive environment
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton City, Waikato27 April 2019
Working in the DHB was the best time in my nursing career. The most supportive team including HCA & Dr's throughout the ward. The hospital was clean and tidy at all times.
Pros
Good workload
Cons
Low pay rate
caring and developmental envrironment
health care assistant (START) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton New Zealand28 November 2018
This was a great opportunity to work for a hospital, yet seeing positive outcomes. I enjoyed that we were able to help with recovery and see positive results. This also was a way for me to develop independently as there were often situations that we didn't know what we were going into. This was a huge step in my self development as I had to make strangers feel as ease and gain their trust.
This was a great facility to work for and I felt integrated within the team, and felt equal.
Pros
working independently
Cons
unknown situations, and people
Terrible experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato1 October 2018
No support from management over bullying issues and medical issues. Less than a full week of training for all the systems. Not a good place to work at.
Satisfied
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato1 October 2018
The team was very supportive and promotes a good working environment. Healthy, fun team but hectic shifts at times. Overall, satisfactory work environment.
Productive and creative company
Intern (Children Screening Development Project) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato9 September 2018
The company values diversity and has vision to promote healthy and well-being to New Zealanders. It is very great chance to learn and work with Waikato DHB during interns.
Pros
Flexible, creativity
Fun workplace
Hospital Host - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, BM15 August 2018
You get to work with lovely people. Patients, visitors and even staff are very friendly and approachable. Gaining different skills and knowledge that can help you for your future endeavor.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
None.
Great Company
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato1 August 2018
One of the best companies in the Hamilton region. Great work environment and very supportive colleagues. Great exposure on the projects and planning. The work location is in the centre of the city.
every day was different
ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato10 July 2018
As an attendant my job was ever changing every day. Yes patients were our main job description, but that wasn't all we did.

We were responsible for transfering patients either ward to ward, to appointments, and being discharged. We were also the "face" of the hospital, the first line of "customer service"

You do a lot of behind the scenes work, and see a lot of things, but it was a good job, after 7 years, i just needed a change.
Good work environment
Recruitment Administrator (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato15 May 2018
I'm only a temp, but so far I enjoy working here. Very friendly coworkers and benefits. I would consider getting a permanent position here in administration.
Great staff - good place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, New Zealand15 May 2018
Most enjoyable part was the staff I worked with. Life long friendships were formed throughout my time there (6 years). Management on a whole was pretty good. Pay, not so good. Learnt so much, and my role was so varied which I loved.
Pros
Leave was always approved
Cons
Again, pay wasn't good
Workplace
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Te Kuiti, Waikato9 April 2018
A wonderful place to work, I was there for 32 years, and it was time to move on to live in a different location.
During my 32 years I covered a variety of positions with responsibility to match.
Great culture and variety of nationalities too work with.
The most challenging part of the position was the Medication ordering, however I nailed it and the staff had great respect for me and I them.
The management team were very supportive.
I enjoyed the work as no day was the same.
Productive and public health based
Met with many pleasant and well experienced people at Capital coast health. Hard working group and had a most enjoyable job as a neurosurgeon. I was able to establish many specialties and served the entire Midcentral and Midland DHB,
Pros
Pleasant place to work
only there a short time
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 November 2017
working as an orderly was a lot fun in which I a lot of nice people both patients,nurses really enjoyed the orderly especially doing the one on one specials.
Pros
alot sastification from helping people
Cons
only being casual
Fun challenging
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato20 August 2017
Busy
respectful challenging days with patient and staff keeps day fun and exciting.
good support from staff and management when in need.
Good team players
Pros
free tea coffee
Cons
non
Professional and concerned about their employees
Charge Scientist / Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Taumarunui Hospital24 July 2017
Excellent employers and progression through education is actively encouraged. Fellow employees,medical consultants, line managers and Technical Specialists have never been anything other than friendly and helpful and make problem solving that much easier. employee assistance is actively encouraged and staff monitored to ensure that appropriate levels of leave are taken in order to offset hours worked.
Pros
Good interaction between lab staff at all levels.
ptoduvtive and fun
Attendant/ orderly services (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato15 July 2017
The CEOand supervisors are useless, they roster you on for shifts that you are unable to do 5 days in a row after coming off day shift, don't get much time off when needed, training officer is useless and does not train anyone
Pros
pick up as many shifts as needed
Solid company
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waikato26 June 2017
Amazing company to work for .Great to be apart of an important project for Waikato Health Department. A lot of good workers and well established project management and supervisors.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
it was a ok place to work
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato23 June 2017
it could be a busy place the hardest part of the job was the work load that was put on us over the last few years the most enjoyable part was being able to help the families mums dads