Waikato District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waikato District Health Board Employee Reviews

New Zealand60 reviews
Great place to work with multiple cultural backgrounds. Would work there again if given the chance. Was challenging at some points, but conquered those obstacles with ideas and new concepts on how to work smarter.
Managment is good. Goot team work. But salary is not as good as expected. Well traoned staff. Professional development. Everything explained properly.
I only worked there a couple months as a temp, but I honestly had a great time. Everyone was very welcoming, the work was straightforward and the other workers/management were easy to get along with.
Pros
Great work culture, always plenty of work to do
Stability of a job. Very good management and staff. very efficient and effective work place. Worked there for 10 years. Loved the work, not to stressful. Management was great and supportive. no problem of getting extra hours.
Just new in the role, however bit of a clicky culture. The most enjoyable part of the role is ensuring the patient's wellbeing and families are satisfied with the level of care.
This has been a great first experience in NZ, having never worked here. Welcoming to my ideas and experiences, while teaching me kiwi culture. I have loved working so closely with staff, doctors, and midwives while helping moms with there deliveries and new babies.
a nice team to work with and friendly staff and management, great training and orientation. Many changes and have to adapt to these quickly. Overall good culture and team
Colleagues and staff were very supportive, great team work which worked well to bring best outcomes for our patients and their families. Very respectful and caring. management was supportive. lots of professional development training through out the year.
Respect your employee to be respected
No one should be a victim of prejudice and social Discrimination.

Everyone should be treated with respect and fairness

Nobody should show his supremacy and rudeness.

everyone needs to think individually not collectively to make a decision

show Respect and Love to everyone,fight RACISM.
Team leader barely around. No support to gain professional development when you are only admin staff. Only paid living wage for specialized position. Low staff morale after many culture checks.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Very low wage.
Working 8-5
learnt about public sector

Management is quite understanding and working towards aligning the company needs.

Hardest part of the job is aligning the various expectations of a large number of people.
Working in the DHB was the best time in my nursing career. The most supportive team including HCA & Dr's throughout the ward. The hospital was clean and tidy at all times.
Pros
Good workload
Cons
Low pay rate
This was a great opportunity to work for a hospital, yet seeing positive outcomes. I enjoyed that we were able to help with recovery and see positive results. This also was a way for me to develop independently as there were often situations that we didn't know what we were going into. This was a huge step in my self development as I had to make strangers feel as ease and gain their trust.
This was a great facility to work for and I felt integrated within the team, and felt equal.
Pros
working independently
Cons
unknown situations, and people
No support from management over bullying issues and medical issues. Less than a full week of training for all the systems. Not a good place to work at.
The team was very supportive and promotes a good working environment. Healthy, fun team but hectic shifts at times. Overall, satisfactory work environment.
The company values diversity and has vision to promote healthy and well-being to New Zealanders. It is very great chance to learn and work with Waikato DHB during interns.
Pros
Flexible, creativity
Every day was busy and full on so keeping a level head, prioritising your workload, dealing with all sorts of people, multi tasking was a typical day at the office. I learned that you could do anything you set your mind to. Management was very supportive and down to earth, easy to talk to. Waikato DHB being such a huge public service the workplace culture is phenomenal, the staff alone is from all over the world and so is the public who use the service. The most enjoyable part of the job most certainly was that no two days were the same.
Pros
great team
You get to work with lovely people. Patients, visitors and even staff are very friendly and approachable. Gaining different skills and knowledge that can help you for your future endeavor.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
None.
One of the best companies in the Hamilton region. Great work environment and very supportive colleagues. Great exposure on the projects and planning. The work location is in the centre of the city.
As an attendant my job was ever changing every day. Yes patients were our main job description, but that wasn't all we did.

We were responsible for transfering patients either ward to ward, to appointments, and being discharged. We were also the "face" of the hospital, the first line of "customer service"

You do a lot of behind the scenes work, and see a lot of things, but it was a good job, after 7 years, i just needed a change.
Variety of roles to learn. Not enough options for career pathway for a Pharmacy Technician. Pay is A-okay but not competitive compared to other DHB. Management a bit selective with people for further training and role enhancement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waikato District Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.