Waikato District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waikato District Health Board Employee Reviews

productive
a nice team to work with and friendly staff and management, great training and orientation. Many changes and have to adapt to these quickly. Overall good culture and team
Loved work Culture and team work
Colleagues and staff were very supportive, great team work which worked well to bring best outcomes for our patients and their families. Very respectful and caring. management was supportive. lots of professional development training through out the year.
Be fair to everyone, Eliminate social Discrimination
Respect your employee to be respected
No one should be a victim of prejudice and social Discrimination.

Everyone should be treated with respect and fairness

Nobody should show his supremacy and rudeness.

everyone needs to think individually not collectively to make a decision

show Respect and Love to everyone,fight RACISM.
Hard work and low wage
Team leader barely around. No support to gain professional development when you are only admin staff. Only paid living wage for specialized position. Low staff morale after many culture checks.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Very low wage.
A day in WDHB
Working 8-5
learnt about public sector

Management is quite understanding and working towards aligning the company needs.

Hardest part of the job is aligning the various expectations of a large number of people.
Supportive environment
Working in the DHB was the best time in my nursing career. The most supportive team including HCA & Dr's throughout the ward. The hospital was clean and tidy at all times.
Pros
Good workload
Cons
Low pay rate
caring and developmental envrironment
This was a great opportunity to work for a hospital, yet seeing positive outcomes. I enjoyed that we were able to help with recovery and see positive results. This also was a way for me to develop independently as there were often situations that we didn't know what we were going into. This was a huge step in my self development as I had to make strangers feel as ease and gain their trust.
This was a great facility to work for and I felt integrated within the team, and felt equal.
Pros
working independently
Cons
unknown situations, and people
Terrible experience
No support from management over bullying issues and medical issues. Less than a full week of training for all the systems. Not a good place to work at.
Satisfied
The team was very supportive and promotes a good working environment. Healthy, fun team but hectic shifts at times. Overall, satisfactory work environment.
Productive and creative company
The company values diversity and has vision to promote healthy and well-being to New Zealanders. It is very great chance to learn and work with Waikato DHB during interns.
Pros
Flexible, creativity
Fun workplace
You get to work with lovely people. Patients, visitors and even staff are very friendly and approachable. Gaining different skills and knowledge that can help you for your future endeavor.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
None.
Great Company
One of the best companies in the Hamilton region. Great work environment and very supportive colleagues. Great exposure on the projects and planning. The work location is in the centre of the city.
every day was different
As an attendant my job was ever changing every day. Yes patients were our main job description, but that wasn't all we did.

We were responsible for transfering patients either ward to ward, to appointments, and being discharged. We were also the "face" of the hospital, the first line of "customer service"

You do a lot of behind the scenes work, and see a lot of things, but it was a good job, after 7 years, i just needed a change.
Good work environment
I'm only a temp, but so far I enjoy working here. Very friendly coworkers and benefits. I would consider getting a permanent position here in administration.
Great staff - good place to work
Most enjoyable part was the staff I worked with. Life long friendships were formed throughout my time there (6 years). Management on a whole was pretty good. Pay, not so good. Learnt so much, and my role was so varied which I loved.
Pros
Leave was always approved
Cons
Again, pay wasn't good
Workplace
A wonderful place to work, I was there for 32 years, and it was time to move on to live in a different location.
During my 32 years I covered a variety of positions with responsibility to match.

Great culture and variety of nationalities too work with.

The most challenging part of the position was the Medication ordering, however I nailed it and the staff had great respect for me and I them.

The management team were very supportive.

I enjoyed the work as no day was the same.
Productive and public health based
Met with many pleasant and well experienced people at Capital coast health. Hard working group and had a most enjoyable job as a neurosurgeon. I was able to establish many specialties and served the entire Midcentral and Midland DHB,
Pros
Pleasant place to work
only there a short time
working as an orderly was a lot fun in which I a lot of nice people both patients,nurses really enjoyed the orderly especially doing the one on one specials.
Pros
alot sastification from helping people
Cons
only being casual
Fun challenging
Busy
respectful challenging days with patient and staff keeps day fun and exciting.

good support from staff and management when in need.

Good team players
Pros
free tea coffee
Cons
non
Professional and concerned about their employees
Excellent employers and progression through education is actively encouraged. Fellow employees,medical consultants, line managers and Technical Specialists have never been anything other than friendly and helpful and make problem solving that much easier. employee assistance is actively encouraged and staff monitored to ensure that appropriate levels of leave are taken in order to offset hours worked.
Pros
Good interaction between lab staff at all levels.
ptoduvtive and fun
The CEOand supervisors are useless, they roster you on for shifts that you are unable to do 5 days in a row after coming off day shift, don't get much time off when needed, training officer is useless and does not train anyone
Pros
pick up as many shifts as needed
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waikato District Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.