Waikato District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waikato District Health Board Management reviews

New Zealand60 reviews
a nice team to work with and friendly staff and management, great training and orientation. Many changes and have to adapt to these quickly. Overall good culture and team
I only worked there a couple months as a temp, but I honestly had a great time. Everyone was very welcoming, the work was straightforward and the other workers/management were easy to get along with.
Pros
Great work culture, always plenty of work to do
Stability of a job. Very good management and staff. very efficient and effective work place. Worked there for 10 years. Loved the work, not to stressful. Management was great and supportive. no problem of getting extra hours.
Colleagues and staff were very supportive, great team work which worked well to bring best outcomes for our patients and their families. Very respectful and caring. management was supportive. lots of professional development training through out the year.
Respect your employee to be respected
No one should be a victim of prejudice and social Discrimination.
Everyone should be treated with respect and fairness

Nobody should show his supremacy and rudeness.

everyone needs to think individually not collectively to make a decision

show Respect and Love to everyone,fight RACISM.
Working 8-5
learnt about public sector

Management is quite understanding and working towards aligning the company needs.
Hardest part of the job is aligning the various expectations of a large number of people.
No support from management over bullying issues and medical issues. Less than a full week of training for all the systems. Not a good place to work at.
Every day was busy and full on so keeping a level head, prioritising your workload, dealing with all sorts of people, multi tasking was a typical day at the office. I learned that you could do anything you set your mind to. Management was very supportive and down to earth, easy to talk to. Waikato DHB being such a huge public service the workplace culture is phenomenal, the staff alone is from all over the world and so is the public who use the service. The most enjoyable part of the job most certainly was that no two days were the same.
Pros
great team
Variety of roles to learn. Not enough options for career pathway for a Pharmacy Technician. Pay is A-okay but not competitive compared to other DHB. Management a bit selective with people for further training and role enhancement.
Most enjoyable part was the staff I worked with. Life long friendships were formed throughout my time there (6 years). Management on a whole was pretty good. Pay, not so good. Learnt so much, and my role was so varied which I loved.
Pros
Leave was always approved
Cons
Again, pay wasn't good
A wonderful place to work, I was there for 32 years, and it was time to move on to live in a different location.
During my 32 years I covered a variety of positions with responsibility to match.

Great culture and variety of nationalities too work with.

The most challenging part of the position was the Medication ordering, however I nailed it and the staff had great respect for me and I them.

The management team were very supportive.
I enjoyed the work as no day was the same.
Busy
respectful challenging days with patient and staff keeps day fun and exciting.

good support from staff and management when in need.
Good team players
Pros
free tea coffee
Cons
non
Amazing company to work for .Great to be apart of an important project for Waikato Health Department. A lot of good workers and well established project management and supervisors.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Do as you are told and do not ask or question.
Little training, vague instructions and too many managers.

Management and the culture of bullying is the main issue, and of course pathetic pay - for which you have to do everything.
Lower and middle management have the passive aggressive thing extremely fine tuned.

Most staff I spoke to were unhappy in their roles, with their workloads and with their managers.
Pros
Free flu jab for staff - pushed on you.
Cons
Bullying
Working at Waikato DHB was often stressful with unpredictable & sometimes bad outcomes. I did gain experience in lots of areas of practice. There was a culture of bullying by management, which caused problems with recruitment & retention. High acuity due to staffing levels being unacceptably low was the hardest part of the job, especially when things went wrong. Working with mothers and their babies was the most enjoyable part of the job. Also being part of their journey to motherhood & birth.
we had an amazing Charge Nurse who always supported every team member.
At times , CCU could be very stressful, but great team work on the ward usually pulled us through.

Top management never really bothered us as our Charge Nurse managed us beautifully.
Pros
Excellent learning
Cons
Night shift!
Worked in medical records and 99.99% was filing
Work as a volunteer then emplpyed until I left because the hospital was going through restructuring. I also relocated.
Pros
I had a job for a while
Cons
Lousy management
Good people and satisfying work, good management, had lot of fun working with people from different culture , overall a very satisfying experience.
My daily work routine would start by checking my electronic calendar about daily appointments and meetings for the day.
I would then have to prepare for those meetings.

Work cars are available for traveling to meetings which are further away from the city, so I make sure I book the car that I will be taking to whichever meeting. However, when there are no meetings, there is always paper work to do i.e. project evaluation reports, etc.

Records of activities for each day is kept for accountability purposes.

Management:
There are two managers in this work place. The managers do check the daily activity book to ensure everyone is doing their job. A performance appraisal is conducted once every three months.

My work colleagues

We see ourselves as a team. We support each other when and where necessary. We have team meetings once a month to discuss areas of concern and our work and what support each individuals would require for their project.
Pros
A friendly and supportive environment to work in
Cons
The organisation is based in the city so obviously car parks are expensive
every day we work is typical and we do learn so many things
I have worked with most of the different companies management should be good and also the co-workers
while doing my duties I have been a part of that team member every work we do becomes easily as a team work
been a multi skilled person all the work in my field i don't find hard but always interesting and enjoyable as I am keen to learn more
Pros
good conditions
Cons
30 hrs a week
Anybody or any health circumstance could present itself; I learnt to be prepared and keep calm. Management were passionate in keeping professional standards. My co-workers were diverse and some were of long service employees. I found the un-patterned roster a challenge for work life balance. I really enjoyed the atmostphere, everyone ready for the challenge of the unknown.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waikato District Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.