Waitemata District Health Board Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Busy work environment but full of fun and laughter
Healthcare Assistant / Store Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand15 March 2017
Unpredictable day to day turnouts. Great and fun team to work with. Very supportive and caring management, looks after their staff. Working hours are great.
My best job so far
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 February 2017
overall the experience in WDHB was very good. I learned alot and grew as a healthcare provider. The staff in my ward was the best and created a family atmosphere.
Pros
Family environment
Mosttly a fun place to work
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shore City, Auckland26 September 2016
They were generally good to work for but the work eventtually dried up as all the permanante positions were being taken up by new immagrants to the country and these were registered nurses taking healthcare assistant positions therefore the Bureau become less and less used except by the immigrants and evevtually they started a thing called a resource team and that was the end of it.
Pros
Original staff were good to work with.
Cons
Professional and quality health care
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waitakere, Auckland19 July 2016
I work across Waitemata DHB inpatient settings. Maintain a safe environment for patients and clients when participating in activities.
Provide and delegate activities that support and build confidence relating to daily living and increasing patients stability. Highlighting changes in patients and alerting and updating the relevant team to assess.
Career position
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waitakere, N3 October 2015
Supportive management, physical hard work. Very busy.

Shifts are set..you have to do them all unless you prefer just nights. Mixed shifts can be very disruptive to any kind of lifestyle and hard on the health.
Pros
Team work
Cons
shift work
Old tired building
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Taharoto Clinic26 August 2014
Team work was a major factor in this position and I found that the support from co-workers was excellent.
Management was mostly very supportive.
I found it very hard to be firm when someone was being restrained for an incident because it was a very upsetting procedure.
I leaned a great deal of empathy for people in general whilst employed in this position.
Pros
Seeing clients happy when they got to leave well & ajusted
Cons
Restrining unwell clients when they have a meltdown