Waitemata District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waitemata District Health Board Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant8 reviews
New Zealand8 reviews
Very well worked dhb and great team of people however wages not that great currently only getting minimum wage for what I do also very easy place to learn and great management
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Parking, Wage
Typical day on the ward was busy as we were mainly deal with older adults. Because of the shortage of nurses there were days you wished you stayed home but because management were very supportive it made our job a lot better.
Pros
everyone always helped each other
Cons
shortage of staff
Unpredictable day to day turnouts. Great and fun team to work with. Very supportive and caring management, looks after their staff. Working hours are great.
overall the experience in WDHB was very good. I learned alot and grew as a healthcare provider. The staff in my ward was the best and created a family atmosphere.
Pros
Family environment
They were generally good to work for but the work eventtually dried up as all the permanante positions were being taken up by new immagrants to the country and these were registered nurses taking healthcare assistant positions therefore the Bureau become less and less used except by the immigrants and evevtually they started a thing called a resource team and that was the end of it.
Pros
Original staff were good to work with.
Cons
I work across Waitemata DHB inpatient settings. Maintain a safe environment for patients and clients when participating in activities.
Provide and delegate activities that support and build confidence relating to daily living and increasing patients stability. Highlighting changes in patients and alerting and updating the relevant team to assess.
Supportive management, physical hard work. Very busy.

Shifts are set..you have to do them all unless you prefer just nights. Mixed shifts can be very disruptive to any kind of lifestyle and hard on the health.
Pros
Team work
Cons
shift work
Team work was a major factor in this position and I found that the support from co-workers was excellent.
Management was mostly very supportive.

I found it very hard to be firm when someone was being restrained for an incident because it was a very upsetting procedure.

I leaned a great deal of empathy for people in general whilst employed in this position.
Pros
Seeing clients happy when they got to leave well & ajusted
Cons
Restrining unwell clients when they have a meltdown
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitemata District Health Board. Our community is ready to answer.
Waitemata District Health Board Reviews by Location