Waitemata District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waitemata District Health Board Employee Reviews

New Zealand27 reviews
Very well worked dhb and great team of people however wages not that great currently only getting minimum wage for what I do also very easy place to learn and great management
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Parking, Wage
I have learned a lot from while working with them. it is a big company.
Team work was a major factor in this position and I found that the support from co-workers was excellent.
Management was mostly very supportive.

I found it very hard to be firm when someone was being restrained for an incident because it was a very upsetting procedure.

I leaned a great deal of empathy for people in general whilst employed in this position.
Pros
Seeing clients happy when they got to leave well & ajusted
Cons
Restrining unwell clients when they have a meltdown
Lots of support for employees, encouraged and assisted to continually improve work related skills and department practices
The staff at Waitemata DHB are all hard working and we work together as a team.
Pros
patient handling, communicating with nurses
Cons
management
It was a great learning Curve , new Role to me . My days are very busy as I work in an Acute Medical ward mainly patients Over 65 Yrs of age with all commplicated needs and diseases.I enjoy wirking with my coworkers theya are very experienced in this arae and always willing to support me . The hardest part is seeing these old people at their worst and seeing their sadness when assessed and required residential Care .the best part of teh work is it is very busy and no time to moan about that . keep going .
Pros
meeting patients daily. office hours . very rewarding
Cons
exhausting
The role of the Local Service Coordinator was to reduce the number of admissions to inpatient units and to put together the best supports in place for clients exiting from Residents services, Prison, inpatient units, and Forensic units.

Local Service Coordinator received referrals on a day to day basis from clinical Mental Health, Forensic and Prison services.

Assessments where conducted, clinical meets were attended, transition meets meetings with NGO, Clinical and clients. National Service Coordination Services meetings also attended.

Team of three Coordinators was managed by Local District Mental Health Manager. Co-workers came from a doctors and Psychologist background, it was a great team that worked together to achieve the best outcomes for Clients, Clinical and NGO services.

The hardest part of the role was having the extra facilities and supports for the clients.

Communications needed to be effective in this role, collecting and putting together assessment report, monitoring progress of clients.

The most enjoyable part of this role was the satisfaction of making a difference to clients life and seeing them move forward in their recovery and reducing the number of re-admissions of clients.

The role made you have to think out of the square and put together the best care you could come up with.
Pros
good lunch’s at national coordination meetings
Cons
hardwork
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Waitemata District Health Board?