Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts

Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Wonderful Work Place and Environment

Honestly speaking, working for Waldorf Astoria continues to be a blessing. They offer great benefits and treats me as an employee with great care! Lovely group of people and wonderful management that cares for its workers.

Pros

Free Lunches, 401k, Pto, Hilton Stock

Cons

No work life balance.

Great coworkers

I moved otherwise i would have stayed. Always busy, the upper management was kind and made sure we were able to have the necessary training to be ready for success.

Pros

Free lunch, hard work, lots of hours

Cons

Full time only.

It's company one can learn a lot and lots of carrier changing

Is a very urge old luxury statistic company that make one feel powerful by working there only. One get to meet all the politicians the riches and the famous people

Great money - terrible managers

Really good money. Employees really knew how to work the system and scam hard. Schedule is terrible - inconsistent - over worked - no time off - hard to get time off - management had no experience - were interns at GCU and got the management role- Basically getting managed by a young kid with no experience.

Fun and helpful colleagues

Nice place to work great growth opportunity. Growing up from waiter to Assistant manager. Everyone helps each other and listen to each other. HR is not very helpful

No concern for employees

The want every moment of your time, but have no concern for your needs. No work home life balance, and no loyalty towards you from management. They simply do not care

Pros

The benefits are good

Cons

The management is awful

Nice place to work but can be stressful

Great place but it is the Waldorf Astoria so they expect you to be great at your job to live up to the expectation from the guests. This is fine, but if you have "micro managing" managers it can make the job more stressful than it needs to be. Overall more good than bad though. Would recommend.

Loved it!

Great pay, flexible hours, management is positive. The tips were pooled between all bartenders and servers so, no animosity. Overall a good experience.

Pros

Provided lunch or dinner

Cons

What is the best part of working at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?That everyone treats you like family and if you have and issue about anything doesn’t matter if it’s personal or work you always have someone to talk toWhat is the most stressful part about working at Waldorf Astoria Spa?Nothing at all

El ambiente de trabajo es bueno trabajo en equipo

En la mente de trabajo es fácil si tienes voluntad de hacerlo

Easy going hotel.

Terrible staff & management. Too much interns, broken promises from management. Too much drama & favouritism. Not worth the money at all. Not recommended.

Toxic and very poor management

It is not advised to work in this company as it is very toxic and disrespectful to employees. Very low salary won’t survive in UAE and no standard followed

Great job in paradise.

It was fun meeting interesting people from around the world. I had a view of the Pacific Ocean on Maui everyday. Guest always told me I had the best job in the world.

Pros

Money, work environment

Cons

Sometimes understaffed.

Disaster

The worst company to work for! Very poor management, they will never care about you or help to resolve any issues (especially HR and finance - are the worst departments I’ve ever seen) After resignation, they didn’t pay my incentives and even calculated wrongly my final gratuity! 😂Will never ever recommend anyone to join this company! Was such a waste of time, I regret, that I joined them!

Terrible management

No balance of work and personal life. No onboarding to your specific position. No clear communication from your upper management. No support for suggested changes.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No balance off work and personal life

Cultura friends environment

I love being part of the Hilton family hotel it is the best job I have ever had I like all benefits they offered to me, good benefits and environment

Pros

Food all day

Cons

Parking

Employees benefits

Poor upper management with lack of FNB experience. Incompetent Corporate side of Hilton that provides no help for company growth. Unprofessional HR department that shows no support for managers

No growth

They have good benefits and the properties are nice, however, the job isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. They will use you dry until the life is sucked out of you. They have little compassion for most employees if they have an emergency or are sick they’re still expected to come in. Very weird place…

Pros

Free lunch, cool people, good health insurance, great room rates.

Cons

Short breaks, bad management

Stressful and unappreciative

I’d never recommend to join this company. Poor management level and absolutely unappreciative. No opportunity to growth. Small salary and poor benefits.No support from the management

Pros

Meals

Cons

Longs hours, poor benefits

fast paced environment

Working in a Waldorf Astoria is like a working with your own family member.It has a lots of opportunity to grown both entry level and experienced workers.I personally feel privileged being a member of Waldorf Astoria because it taught me work culture as well Its gave me room to strength my talent, happiness last not the least got a friendly support both mentally and emotionally.I do recommend Waldorf Astoria if you really to see growth your power and passion.

Great work place and environment

Enjoyable experience. Great team from front of the house to back of the house. Benchmark of Hawaiian hospitality and culture. Best work experience of my life!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts