Warehouse Stationery Employee Reviews

It's a job
Replenishment Team Member/ Stockroom (Current Employee) –  Thames-Coromandel District, Waikato31 May 2019
If you're wanting to develop your customer service skills, product knowledge and everything in between then a job here is for you.
WS is very customer focused in making sure that the customer has the full experience from when they enter the store to when they leave.
fun place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty7 December 2018
people are very nice they help you understand the future better with technology and other brands.
I learned how to multi task and how to use the label gun also how to communicate with customers effectively.
Fun place to work
retail sales (Former Employee) –  Masterton, Wellington8 November 2018
Very outgoing, always something that needs to be done, awesome team to work with.
The hardest part about the job would be adapting to all the new photographic and copying skills required.
fun working enviroment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 August 2018
warehouse stationery is a fun working place and is an challenging job. the team there is great and it is easy to get along. at times it is challenging when faced by difficult customers although it is a joy to be challenged.
Pros
fun team
Great environment
Fulfilment centre (Former Employee) –  Petone, Wellington17 June 2018
the people i worked with were all really positive my manager was funny and made working seem like fun.
fast paced ind variety of jobs with in the company if trained for ll departmets which i was
Amazing Retail Culture
Key Holder/ Copy Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Levin, Manawatu-Wanganui4 January 2018
The company had a culture for great customer service and this rubbed off on all who worked within in.

There was always new things to learn and always something to teach other staff members.

I learnt alot in the 5 years i was with the company about the job i was originally hired for and then many opportunities to grow and learn tasks and jobs within the store i was with.

The staff have a passion for providing the best services to their customers that they can and this shows in sales as well the many comments from happy customers who will always come back.
Pros
Great staff with passion
Cons
as the team was small advancement was difficult
productive, fun
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland11 December 2017
a typical day at work - customer service, stock, checkouts
what i learned - communication skills
management - fair
workplace culture - mixed
the most enjoyable part of the job - helping customers
Pros
good hours, great staff
Cons
leaving the job
productive workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington13 October 2017
always picking up on new things each day.
the management and staff were amazing and friendly.
enjoyed the work space and helpiing customers find what they're after.
Pros
learning new things each day
Cons
not enough hours
workplace culture
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury9 September 2017
a typical day at work
the most enjoyable part of the job
the hardest part of the job
what i learned
management
workplace culture
focus on company a
Pros
Cons
long hour
fun workplace
Packing (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland13 August 2017
It was good it do work experience there because I learnt a lot from the workers. I enjoyed the customer service. I learnt how to gain customer services as I am a shy person but I manage to come out of my shell
good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 April 2017
i only worked here part time maybe 3 days a week, but everyone got along quiet well.

management was good at times. safe to say i learned alot about retail and customer service.
Pros
good first job, about learning
Cons
didnt get the hours that i needed, even though they hired more people
Fun and welcoming workplace
Copy centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Airport Oaks, Auckland15 November 2016
my co-workers were all inviting and fun people to work with.
meeting new and different kinds of people due to the location (airport) was one of the highlights. the hardest part of the job would probably be during the peak sales during back to school, where the store was constantly busy. other than that, Warehouse stationery was a fun place to work, and i enjoyed it very much.
Challenging and fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Support Office25 July 2016
The company has a great culture and is lead by an outstanding talented management group. The staff all work closely together to make a cohesive team.
Pros
Staff discounts
Overworked underpaid
Management Team (Former Employee) –  West Auckland27 May 2016
While working at Warehouse Stationery in West Auckland Aea , I was so enthused to have a management position with one of the largest companies in New Zealand. Within a short amount of time they so called work/life balance was a total farce.

The hours contracted and actual hours were totally in favour of the company, starting times began before 8am and usually don't finish till close.

The team I was working were a mixed bunch, much had double standards in regards to staff uniform, professionalism, and team work.

It has been the biggest regret of my career to have worked at this company and would urge any reader to consider a job anywhere else before accepting one at Warehouse Stationery.
Pros
More Pros for the company than the individual
Cons
Hourly rate, long long hours
Slave Labour when under Contract
team member (Current Employee) –  auckland15 November 2015
The warehouse Group namely Warehouse Stationery is profit orientated and doesn't give any regards to their contracted employees. The positions are long hours well exceeding other countries around the world, the pay is equivalent to Mc Donalds actually KFC pay better. Their culture of being unbiased and monthly prejudicial is so untrue.
Pros
not for the employee
Cons
Long Hours
staionery
stationery assistance (Former Employee) –  Botany Downs, N25 October 2015
at the start of the day i do face up to make the store ready for customers the other workers commutation to ready when staff come in the boss comes in check our work too the hardest part is when heaps come though and enjoy of the whole day is doing putting out the stationery and help the customers tno find what they are looking for
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no long hours
great team and awesome companie
full time permanent team member (Former Employee) –  Te Awamutu, N14 April 2015
i worked for warehouse stationery Te awamutu for almost 2 years i was an all rounder working in several different departments and i loved it being versatile was great i got to learn about the ins & outs of so many departments instead of just always being stuck in the same area all the time i loved the customers and the staff.
while i was at WSL Te awamutu i learnt how to properly merchandise and to front face retail stock as well as promo changes ticket changes as well as doing my weekly customer service modules too it was a full on environment but it was great hardly any boring times i learnt that in retail their is never a slow time the transactions may have slowed down and the foot traffic but there's always jobs to be done in store.
my co-workers were like any others really but because we were together from the birth out our branch we got close very quickly we learnt to help each other out and how to collectively be a team very fast. but don't get me wrong we all had our moments but we wouldn't be human if we didn't.

my most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a friendly happy team and because of that our store vibes were great everyone was happy, including the customers which showed in our sales and foot traffic counts
Pros
great team and amazing company
Cons
traveling to work from hamilton
Work together ,helping people
Picked and Packed (Former Employee) –  Manukau(Auckland,New Zealand)2 June 2014
Sometime staying overtime.

More understanding,learn fast.

Good.

Work hard all the time.

It allrite.

Friendly people.
Pros
Get your own lunch.
Cons
Long hours.
Friendly and Fun Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland, New Zealand23 May 2014
Working for this industry has taught me a lot of things like:

Customer Service
Uncovering Customers Needs
Management Roles
How Business Works
Finance & Retail Aspect of the Business

The best part of working here is the team, this company has the best customer service and a friendly team who is always nice to each other and respects everyone equally. Even the managers and team members are respected which makes them feel more open about new ideas that come up to help increase sales.
Pros
Fun Working Environment
Cons
Always a great day at work with great people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  tauranga new zealand24 February 2014
I always enjoyed my days working in a great environment, at warehouse stationery, everyday was different with a wide range of task at hand to do, while interacting with new customers
Pros
being part of a great team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse Stationery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2